• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"The Walking Dead" on AMC

enjoy the little things

-zombieland

Agreed. (See my avatar)

I really like the 2 episodes.

You can have a show where everyone is just slaying zombies 24/7, or you can have something (better) with slow moments where the story breathes, and where serious decisions have to be made. Its more drama, vs a horror movie. I think it's a really good story so far. (However, I don't care about Sofia.)

I like how Shane decides to help Rick get supplies, he isn't bailing like he said he was.

Everything Rick does has a cost. (Merle on the roof, getting the bag of guns, which makes the group smaller when the walkers attack the camp, and now with Sofia getting lost, and what happened to Carl)

They are short on water, by some good grace they find a water delivery truck with tons of fresh bottled water. What is the first thing done, open a bottle and pour the majority of it all over the ground and stand under it showering for a second.... Genius, we need water so lets pour it all over the ground!

EXACTLY!! That's first thing I thought when I saw that!

usually the 1st season is action to get you watching and the 2nd season is character development to help you identify with them better. 2nd seasons always suck because there's no action like the 1st season it's all dialog. what's odd here is that the 2nd season has slowed way down but they aren't doing character development. it's just boring

This.

Agreed. (See my avatar)

I really like the 2 episodes.

You can have a show where everyone is just slaying zombies 24/7, or you can have something (better) with slow moments where the story breathes, and where serious decisions have to be made. Its more drama, vs a horror movie. I think it's a really good story so far. (However, I don't care about Sofia.)

I like how Shane decides to help Rick get supplies, he isn't bailing like he said he was.

Everything Rick does has a cost. (Merle on the roof, getting the bag of guns, which makes the group smaller when the walkers attack the camp, and now with Sofia getting lost, and what happened to Carl)

Very well put! I will keep watching.

Not exactly "the walking dead", but a similar topic: Remember the old joke about wearing clean underwear because if you get in an accident you wouldn't want medtechs to find a mess in the hospital? Well, maybe that thought should apply to your whole wardrobe when you leave the house in the morning. Remember the beginning of Zombieland where there are firefighter zombies, and police zombies, solder zombies, stripper zombies,...

What about mascots? How about,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jtdEKIsnEkM#!

Example, spoiler.

They are short on water, by some good grace they find a water delivery truck with tons of fresh bottled water. What is the first thing done, open a bottle and pour the majority of it all over the ground and stand under it showering for a second.... Genius, we need water so lets pour it all over the ground!

I would think theyre obviously not gonna take the entire trucks payload of water, so the blatant waste of water is only that. Its kinda rude to other survivors, but otherwise, i think your splittin hairs.

I would think theyre obviously not gonna take the entire trucks payload of water, so the blatant waste of water is only that. Its kinda rude to other survivors, but otherwise, i think your splittin hairs.

This is in no way coming off as attitude, just friendly banter.
Did you see the episode? The water truck had the large(actually 5 gallon) bottles stacked on the side of the delivery truck. There is not a metric ton but I would say 20-30 bottle which is not a lot of space. They have a rather large motor home along with several cars. They could have very very easily taken every large bottle of water with them.

5 gallons is a lot of water to spill on the ground in a show of celebration when you don't know where your next source of clean water is coming from.

Splitting hairs to me would be, someone poured a small bottle of water on themselves out of a group of 50 pallets of water that they had no hope of taking all of.

If I was in a survival situation and someone did that to the water, I would likely kill them as they are a clear liability to the group(me).

Absolutely understand, and continueing friendly banter...

Military guys hate it when the media mis-represents weaponry or tactics.... personally, im a glass guy... you wouldnt beleive how often glass is misrepresented in the media... from people punching thru tempered glass, to tempered glass shattering as raw....

Its hard knowing stuff... the media would much prefer everyone thought guns make that cocking sound whenever you move it in your hand.... kinda sucks, but the media assumes everyone is stupid.

I figured the fat dude wasn't gonna make it but I didn't think he was gonna go out like that

I figured the fat dude wasn't gonna make it but I didn't think he was gonna go out like that

Yeah, wasn't expecting Shane to go that sort of route.

Isn't that the punchline to a joke? "I don't have to outrun the bear,.. I have to outrun you.

Well you guys wanted more "survival!" LOL! I too did not see that coming.

well shane has always seemed like a piece of shit. though id rather have the kid survive than the fat guy. though otis seemed to be a pretty good guy, and better at surviving the zombies than shane. i bet ittl come out at some point and they will put shane down. hopfully by the end of the season.

off topic\ I was Grimes for my halloween party saturday and am wearing the costume again today at work :)

Otis was overweight and slowing Shane down, he knew that if he kept having to wait on Otis they'd both get eaten, so he shot Otis to occupy the herd so he could get away while they were nom nom nomming on him.

Nah... Shane had a hurt ankle... he shot him to get away.... no slowing down involved. Really shitty thing to do considering he just help him get away.

I gotcha...so Otis wasn't slowing him down, he just shot him so the herd would feed on him to allow Shane a better chance of getting away. Makes sense.

Back