• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"The Walking Dead" on AMC

I just watched it last night

one thing i cant figure out is why the best friend cop keeps hopping in the doorless/roofless wrangler, there is flesh hungry zombies running around i don't think i would want the open air feel of a wrangler in this situation

I just watched it last night

one thing i cant figure out is why the best friend cop keeps hopping in the doorless/roofless wrangler, there is flesh hungry zombies running around i don't think i would want the open air feel of a wrangler in this situation

Same reason they camp in tents next to a zombie infested city. LOL.

Wasn't real thrilled with the final episode, which I got around to watching last night. It seemed predictable and didn't really build any tension.

This seems like one of those series where there's a lot of unrealised potential, but they can't decide which way to go with it. The writers also need better advisors regarding a lot of the survival stuff and decisions the characters are making in that regard; it's like they lurch from crisis to crisis when a lot of these situations would have been avoidable.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next series, but I'm not holding my breath for major improvements.

Wasn't real thrilled with the final episode, which I got around to watching last night. It seemed predictable and didn't really build any tension.

This seems like one of those series where there's a lot of unrealised potential, but they can't decide which way to go with it. The writers also need better advisors regarding a lot of the survival stuff and decisions the characters are making in that regard; it's like they lurch from crisis to crisis when a lot of these situations would have been avoidable.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next series, but I'm not holding my breath for major improvements.

All of the writers have been let go.
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/12/the_walking_dead_fires_its_wri.html

Agree.

Anybody read the comic book series its based on? Are they trying to follow the books?

Now I'm curious as to whether or not real life CDC do lace their buildings with high explosives in case of a power failure.

Who would work in a building peppered with explosives?

I'm not much of a film critic but I knew the writing was lacking in this show, I just dont understand it, the cameras and crew are already there, just write some believable dialoge. I still cant get over taking the brand new challenger apart for no reason, than using a topless jeep to travel with the caravan.

Now I'm curious as to whether or not real life CDC do lace their buildings with high explosives in case of a power failure.
An explosive event guaranteed to kill any germs/viruses and burn any harmful chemicals,....

Did you ever read about how much trouble the U.S. military had disposing of our nerve agent stocks? 'Had trouble maintaining high enough temps to guarantee thermal/chemical breakdown of the compounds, in a furnace specifically designed for the purpose. Try to do the same with explosives? A more likely outcome would be to spread whatever is inside the building all over the surrounding area.

I think maybe a containment system that doesn't require power to stay "contained" would be a much simpler solution. I mean, in theory, at least, the dangerous contents of a CDC lab is locked down by default, so a system that requires electricity to access the material would solve that problem handily,..

Chemicals yes, but few actual bacteria and viruses could handle such heat. I thought I read some desk jockey had the last surviving sample of smallpox being used as a paperweight somewhere. The movie Outbreak is more believable when it comes to stuff like this.

Bad example. What I was trying to point out was the problem with even heating(even in a furnace) Explosives don't even really heat the air. Unless ALL the samples were obliterated, the shock alone wouldn't necessarily sterilize them. Using some magical "fuel/air" explosive, wouldn't help. Fuel/air bombs are HARD to get right in open space. throw in closed rooms, ind it's about impossible.

They'd be better off trying some form of entombment.

"Bring out your dead" thread!

Late to the party but saw the show on Netflix after I saw the add for the new season. CDC with explosive decontamination is ridiculous. All the .50 cals sitting around the city and they want to go to Ft. Benning to arm up? Really? Al the LEO in Atlanta and they don't have squat fro ammo or guns. I like the show don't get me wrong its much better then the typical reality crap and cookie cutter Hollywood dramas. I thought that was a Russian gun I saw too. The tank was confusing thanks for clearing that up. Speaking of the tank... why not just put a battery in a go to town... pun intended. Oh yea what about the machine gun on top of it... looked like an M60 instead of a .50. I'm sure I'm wrong though. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it though. I did not see the Graphic Novel credit till the 5th or 6th episode. Here is some info on it: http://www.comicvine.com/the-walking-dead/49-18166/
Apparently it is on going:
http://www.imagecomics.com/series/349/The-Walking-Dead

Ok, episode 5 has come and gone.

Anybody notice the DShK/DShKM 12.7mm Soviet HMG outside of the CDC?

And, once again, lots of dead military around the CDC--M4s, M16A2s, M9s--where did they all go?

Actually, yes, now that you mention it. I was just kind of on cruise, the barrel flashed on screen, and I thought, "wait, what,..."
Didn't place it until i saw your post though.

Ya you guys are correct, that's a Russian designed heavy machine gun being "used" by the Army or Local national guard. Hahah. That's the first thing I noticed because I wa t one of those so bad but douche bag ATF made more import restrictions and the parts kits for them have pretty much dried up by now. Also M4s laying around everywhere as well as light and heavy machine-guns throughout the city since the forts episode as well as 5 ton trucks and hummers. I was not impressed at all with the first season due to the plot holes and horrible story that did t go with the sets, Ie not picking up the guns. I mean they could have had him pick some up only to find they are out of ammo. Or that he can't carry the 50cal. That's a legit reason as carrying just the gun without the barrel is awkward for a short distance. Now that season 1 writers are fired I'll give it a 2nd chance. It also to way too long to go nowhere with lots of unneeded drama added in.

I love this show ... waiting for the new season to start .

An hour and a half left until the premiere.

Back