• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

such a tedious annoying taskkk im putting off installing my rears cuz i dont feel like stripping the undercoat..
norton rapid strip disc from home depot kicked some serious ass, i found it very easy

got the stiffners stitchwelded on, just gotta do the bazzilion plug welds now

013.JPG

this week will consist of removing whats left of the floors and installin floor subframe and/or installing rockers/boatsides

instead of finishing up the stiffners tonight i decided to start on the rockers/boat sides cut like 2"ish out of the bottom of the doors

0059.JPG

0066.JPG

00711.JPG

0093.JPG

maybee a inch, still got to cut a inch off the lower fender for tire clearence, 38's take up alot of room

Ok, that makes sense. I've got one side of mine done like that. I wanted to move them far enough forward to use as a base for my cage in the future but far enough back for tire clearance for the 37s that I can't afford. lol

not so much got done this weekend as i has a not so fun stomach virus, but the drivers rocker is in, still gotta make supprt pieces that conect them to the frame stiffners

00113.JPG

00211.JPG

00510.JPG

0094.JPG

what size box is that? idk if you said that or not
its 2x5x3/16 with 1x1x.125 to space it out, i kinda wished i went with 2x6 spaced out a inch to help with protecting the doors but i tink ill add a piece of dom to the sides for that

got a solid amount of work done today, started with a piece to the subframe of my floor
00114.JPG

then made a plade for the sring hanger
0049.JPG

then welded said plate in
00511.JPG

after that i welded in 2 of the rocker support, got 1 left but ams outsa wire, ill get more tomorow after works
0103.JPG

not a whole lot done today, weather was nice, mid 70's so i rolled the jeep outside

00115.JPG

then removed the pass. doors and what was left of the rockers
00311.JPG

00410.JPG

gotta do some patch work before the new rockers go in

00512.JPG

Back