• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

ken and kieth, keep the bullshit out of this thread
Sowwy Rob. I'll have to break some glass for you now.:cheers:
It's looking good though. But like it's been said before, I don't know if I would trust the hockey pucks for a permenant solution. I'd look into making some kind of metal can welded to the top of the spring retainer and either just a flat metal peice up there or just a single hocky puck bolted to the top. I had a problem with 4 pucks bolted together at FC they ended up seperationg and that's what was making all that creeking in my front end.

Looks sweet Rob :thumbup:

Have you considered what might happen when you come down on the front end really hard and overcompressed the little factory bump stop? It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like it might be real tight if that happened.
even without the rubber pices everything will be cherry
Looks good Rob, but it will hit at some point. Although, the track bar hitting the axle at max flex isn't the end of the world. The track bar hitting the oil pan could be though... Flex it the other way and make sure your not that close to the oil pan.

Keep these tight clearances in mind when you jump it too... it will definitely hit then.:gee:

its no where near the oilpan at ny point of cycle so thats ok only tight area now is uca and frame rail, i may be doin some slight notchin
Sowwy Rob. I'll have to break some glass for you now.:cheers:
It's looking good though. But like it's been said before, I don't know if I would trust the hockey pucks for a permenant solution. I'd look into making some kind of metal can welded to the top of the spring retainer and either just a flat metal peice up there or just a single hocky puck bolted to the top. I had a problem with 4 pucks bolted together at FC they ended up seperationg and that's what was making all that creeking in my front end.
you did somthin wrong dood i never had a issue with my pucks

What are you running for unibody stiffening?
nothin at the moment but it will get 3x3x3/16 bumper to bumper

Looks sick Rob! How much total travel will you have?
if wanted i can use up all 12" from the shocks i got from chris, but i think i will be usin 10-11 to be safe, they will go through the fender like bills

its no where near the oilpan at ny point of cycle so thats ok only tight area now is uca and frame rail, i may be doin some slight notchin

I'd say just let it clearence itself... 1/4 wall tubing against sheetmetal framerail, the thicker stuff will win. It'll just push it out of the way, but still leave all the matieral there. I think if you notched it you'd just weaken the unibody there. :dunno:

I'd say just let it clearence itself... 1/4 wall tubing against sheetmetal framerail, the thicker stuff will win. It'll just push it out of the way, but still leave all the matieral there. I think if you notched it you'd just weaken the unibody there. :dunno:
area that will get cut aint much if any i gotta cut some more floor to figure out what needs to go first

This is what I did.

DSC01617.JPG

There's just a little impression in the frame rail above each LCA, and the UCA just kinda rubs the side of the trans tunnel.

5psd swap is hapening, picked up a AX15 fri, already added my own shift knob, its the same one that i had for 4wd years ago
0023.JPG

also sold the 1300 series flanges off the atlas, this week i will be ordering some 1310 cv's

You prefer a 5spd?

Mail me the aw4 please.
i figured id give it a try, im tryin a bunch of new to me stuff on this jeep so why not a 5spd, and i dont think the aw4 will fit in a flat rate box

Nuffin new here huh.....come on the other guys are gonna beat u

mine rolls, runs and steers, im way ahead of em

This is not as much as a build thread as it is a countdown. We're all here to simply watch Rob's progress on getting back on the trail. Let's be honest, this isn't tech, rob has no clue what he's doing building a giant jeep and he doesn't care either. He's going to wip this thing together in whatever way he can and destroy it the next day.

I envision us all showing up to the shakedown run. Rob jumps in his jeep plows into the first rock and topples it over on it roof, pulls a bunch of eggs and bacon out of his pocket and throws them on the muffler. Bam! Breakfast run. Oh, and then we wheel more after.

131_0306_heat01_z.jpg

:patriot:

I envision us all showing up to the shakedown run. Rob jumps in his jeep plows into the first rock and topples it over on it roof, pulls a bunch of eggs and bacon out of his pocket and throws them on the muffler. Bam! Breakfast run.

:patriot:

I really don't think you could topple this rig over...I think it might just sit on the sides of the tires

no as prgressive as colin today but it was productive, took a trip to Travis's this morning to get a set of pedals ffrom his 95xj, ate Pano's, removed studs frome atlas adapter and installed em into atlas and removed the aw4, good enogh progress for me, more work should get done tues when new yokes for the atlas come in

00110.JPG

Just curious, is there a large difference in weight between the two transmissions and if so which is heavier?

Good luck stuffing the ax-15 in :thumbup:

ax15 is way lighter it actually feels lighter then the atlas

Back