• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new prez....

just like we gave your man McClinton a chance.
Nice assumption.
Clinton was all about himself, so BO will be about himself as well.
Another, good one.
Demo's in general care more about what they can get out of it, than they do about the welfare of the country and we stand in light of other countries.
Because Bush cared what other countries thought about us? Ask someone who travels how other countries view Americans.
An example of this was the $700bn bail out. When it was given to the congress it was just 3 pages. After the Demo controlled congress got done with it, it 300+ pages. All of them "earmarks" for their own causes. Granted there were some Repubs in there.
Almost nobody liked it in its original form. Most had something to add and delete. Your guy voted on it as well.
I blame the Demo's especially the Left Wingers
Not meant as a personal attack, but your not very bright, are you?
It will be good to see what happens in 4 years and whether or not we can make it till then, now that the world knows we will be soft again and easy to attack.
Attacks have happened the last 2 times we changed presidents. I guess if it happens again, we can blame it on a soft Obama? :guitar:
I will say though, that I believe we have passed the point of having a GOP or a Demo that is capable of savng this country. It will take an act of God or a revolution and or civil war to change where we find ourselves.
The fear mongering has worked well on you.:eyes::wantyou:
Why do you think gun sales saw record numbers two days after the election. Does that tell you people are hoping? I dont think so!

I believe everyone will be keeping thier guns. I don't support any weapons bans as I am a gun owner as well. I don't care to own an AR or AK, but if you want one you should be able to own one with proper registration. People are not buying these because they want a civil war.

You sir are a dumb ass!! My guess is you are one of those "Obama for Change" sign wavers who think that spreading the wealth and taking away our guns is the way to go..........( the difference between a slave and a citizen is the right to bare arms) If you never served this country, you have not earned the right to lead it!! I serve my country so those of us that feel like complaining can do so, including your ignorant bitch ass!!....................................................:lecture:

Well thanks!! Am I a dumb ass because I would rather hear people expressing a hopeful future for the GREAT country I live in as opposed to negativity of people thinking we are at the end of our days? Keep your guns. Thank you for serving our country, but you sound a little self righteous and self congratulatory.:worship:

If they personal attacks continue this thread will be locked. Just cause someone express their opinion does not give you the right to personal attack them! Grow up.

I agree and if I could edit my post for the unnecessary verbage, I would. Feel free to edit as needed.

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]"I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lolipops."

--Tom Clancy, from The Hunt for Red October
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]"I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lolipops."

--Tom Clancy, from The Hunt for Red October
[/FONT]

So true........................

I like the quote; "An armed society is a free society."

...................or "Politicians were people once." P.E.T.P. (people for the ethical treatment of politicians.)

Well thanks!! Am I a dumb ass because I would rather hear people expressing a hopeful future for the GREAT country I live in as opposed to negativity of people thinking we are at the end of our days? Keep your guns. Thank you for serving our country, but you sound a little self righteous and self congratulatory.:worship:

You were hearing some of us voicing our opinion about the election which was civil until you stepped in and called us names. I was just as wrong for calling you a name aswell. For that I am sorry! As far as being self righteous, no!! I am just a very opinionated American that believes leading this country is a privilage that should be earned by serving it first. Congratulatory..........please..... proud yes!! I love my country and will always be proud of the fact that I serve it! :patriot:

[/i]
I believe everyone will be keeping thier guns. I don't support any weapons bans as I am a gun owner as well. I don't care to own an AR or AK, but if you want one you should be able to own one with proper registration. People are not buying these because they want a civil war.

I think that you'll see another version of the brady bill pass easily with a demo house, senate, and pres. I think this is inevitable and I think it will not have a sunset on it.
I'm at least grateful for the recent supreme court ruling on the DC handgun ban, but scared shitless at the chance that obama will appoint 2 judges that will reverse that decision if it's heard again.

not that your fears of legislation that will erode our freedoms isn't justified, but the efforts to scare you about the profile of the supreme court are a bit misplaced. The strict constructionists on the panel: Scalia, Thomas, Alito, and Roberts -- are not retiring. Swing vote Kennedy might, but not likely in the next few years. So, any justices that do retire and get replaced by Obama with supposedly "liberal" judges, were already liberal to begin with, and therefore the character of the panel probably remains unchanged. Just a little bit of sunshine!:compwork:

not that your fears of legislation that will erode our freedoms isn't justified, but the efforts to scare you about the profile of the supreme court are a bit misplaced. The strict constructionists on the panel: Scalia, Thomas, Alito, and Roberts -- are not retiring. Swing vote Kennedy might, but not likely in the next few years. So, any justices that do retire and get replaced by Obama with supposedly "liberal" judges, were already liberal to begin with, and therefore the character of the panel probably remains unchanged. Just a little bit of sunshine!:compwork:

I'm not sure that's necessarily true, the last vote was something like 5 to 4.... I'd have to go back and see who voted where.
I also think you'll see some sort of massive tax and or regulation on the sale of ammo, if you can't ban the guns they'll go after the ammo, afterall the constitution says arms, not arms and ammo.
Lastly I think voting in a polar opposite of bush to spite him is a bit like cutting off our nose to spite our face but we've gone and done it anyway.

I'm not sure that's necessarily true, the last vote was something like 5 to 4.... I'd have to go back and see who voted where.
I also think you'll see some sort of massive tax and or regulation on the sale of ammo, if you can't ban the guns they'll go after the ammo, afterall the constitution says arms, not arms and ammo.
Lastly I think voting in a polar opposite of bush to spite him is a bit like cutting off our nose to spite our face but we've gone and done it anyway.

The Heller Court was 5-4, with Alito, Roberts, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy in the majority -- all justices speculated to be retirning were in the minority for Heller, meaning the same case would likely have the same result under an "Obama" Court... On the ammo, you may not be that far off, but I am sure the NRA or someone will challenge such legislation, and this court would likely treat such restrictions as unconstitutional under the Heller theories -- i.e. if a disassembled gun does not comply with the 2nd amendment, neither does one you cant load or fire.

Perhaps we will look good a noseless society, once we see the error of our ways!

Crunch said:

Maybe not, but I believe that government SHOULD be a little afraid of it's citizens. If the citizenry is not armed, they will not be feared.

If they try and ban Guns it will cause a revolt! they know that so they will do it slowly first restrictions then taxes then no ammo or something to that effect. I'll be stocking up on ammo and hiding places for all my guns. As well as learning to use my Bow and other weapons better.:shhh:

Well, whom ever decides to start printing "Not MY President" stickers is gonna make some serious dough.

Where can I get mine?

I won't support him. I'll support the Country, but Obama isn't someone I can trust nor do I respect him. Color isn't the issue. It's just the man. Sickens me that he's the talking head chosen to represent our Country - I can deal with a Democratic majority.

It sucks, but hopefully Obama and the Dems will prove us Right Wingers wrong and they'll actually do some good for the U.S. - but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

I can do that how much wil you pay?

I can do that how much wil you pay?

Heh heh..... You have the tools and ability and I just gave you your retirement on a platter..... I would think you could comp me the first off the printer...... We can discuss the royalties back channel............ :D

Heh heh..... You have the tools and ability and I just gave you your retirement on a platter..... I would think you could comp me the first off the printer...... We can discuss the royalties back channel............ :D

ill take one maybe 2 i would say 5 bucks a pop depending on how big they are

Back