• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-Tech Thread

I think you need full hydro, that draglink angle is killin you dude. You're going to bash your leaf springs hard with full high steer.

Oh, and sipe your goddamn tires. Those things are bad as hell.

I think you need full hydro, that draglink angle is killin you dude. You're going to bash your leaf springs hard with full high steer.

Oh, and sipe your goddamn tires. Those things are bad as hell.

It clears at full lock and I experience pretty much zero TRE-roll.

I like the siping on these Woodtec's, it matches my old claws. :D

anyone wanna reccomend me a NICE stockish length shock (6-7" travel)?

going on my jeep with raised shock mounts.

I like ground clearance, so they are flush with the axle tubes. I also like my interior room, so they arent going through the floor this time. I also like speed, so cheap-fade prone shocks won't do.

i was thinking 6.5" 5150's. but it seems silly to me to get a $100 6" travel shock. and i might end up hating the itty bitty shocks (not sure if the topping out of them will be super noticeable or not)

I'm running axle-tube flush mounts on the back of my '01 with the JKS crossover upper mount, was able to run 5100 bilstein's with enough length for a 6.5" lift...they work great, ride great, and droop like crazy. It works.
Rich

I'm running axle-tube flush mounts on the back of my '01 with the JKS crossover upper mount, was able to run 5100 bilstein's with enough length for a 6.5" lift...they work great, ride great, and droop like crazy. It works.
Rich

yea i figured out my situation.

ended up with some 8" 5150's back there, stock upper mounts.

also ended up with shackle relocation boxes and some saggy rock krawler leaf springs.

im bumpstopped a lot, but it does the job and my tires just barely kiss my fender

yea i figured out my situation.

ended up with some 8" 5150's back there, stock upper mounts.

also ended up with shackle relocation boxes and some saggy rock krawler leaf springs.

im bumpstopped a lot, but it does the job and my tires just barely kiss my fender

make the relocation boxes yourself or buy them?

BAM

76094_509770840254_226300669_232943_3289491_n.jpg

full droopage.

super easy to make. i didnt bolt them in then weld like hdoffroadeng because the stock nutsert was MIA and the other hole wallowed out. just welded em'

moved em' forward a hole and this is the result:

76542_509871313904_226300669_234052_2092583_n.jpg

im super happy with the ride and the flex.

I have about 2" of uptravel before the bumps hit and the bumps hit right before the tires rub and the bumps hit just before the shocks bottom. I have about an inch of bump compression then the shocks hit. they are 8" 5150's. stock shocks severely limit my flex (stock is about 6" travel) i cant run any longer of a shock and i could get away with a slightly shorter shock ( they arent fully drooped in that pic)

so i have some playing around with shock mounts in my future but i'm happy for the time being.

ride better now? and w the 5150s? i used pretty much the whole shock, pretty much stock mounts with my old chero at exactly 3.5"

my shock mounts arent ground clearance hogs. and i has moar flecks

i gotta do something about the front though.

20250_507037158574_226300669_170408_4168614_n.jpg
excuse the mid-build pic, but thats the current shock setup.

problem with my mounting location is when combined with the mass amounts of flecks the shock hits the body of the jeep and bends the shaft. and i believe that mounted on the lower control arm i lose some effectiveness of the shock as opposed to if it was mounted closer to the weight of the axle/ unsprung weight.

I have some 10" 5150's illl put up there, but not until i figure out a good way to mount them.

I think i will make some mounts on the body for em' I have some of those jks stem eliminators, but those are lame. and i'll make the mounts on the axle closer to the actual axle lol.

I have always thought having a shock FORWARD of the axle would be most beneficial provided i have a place to fit it. as leverage is in the favor of the shock. but hey, i'm just thinkin out loud.

i figured out my rear setup. i was able to get another inch out of my shock mounts by moving the mounting "stud" an inch outboard and half inch lower.

might try to stiffen up the leaf pack a touch now

krawlers are radial tires

their rubber compound is porous in some way, thus allowing for water infusion and freeze over

some of the worst solutions for winter tires, at least the reds. blues im unsure of.

Blues suck in the snow. I did more "forward moving tires, rearward moving jeep" with my krawlers than I do with street treads in the snow. Many of the scratches and dents on my old jeep are from the krawlers having zero traction in the snow and the jeep sliding down the side of a tree backwards from lack of traction.

In the rocks when dry however.... like glue.

Back