• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

So here's one for the IT guys.

I got a call yesterday from my ISP, requesting that I disable UPnP on my router and block UDP traffic to port 1900, as my router has been identified as a source for possible DoS attacks.

Huh?

(and yes I know what the abbreviations mean)

So here's one for the IT guys.

I got a call yesterday from my ISP, requesting that I disable UPnP on my router and block UDP traffic to port 1900, as my router has been identified as a source for possible DoS attacks.

Huh?

(and yes I know what the abbreviations mean)

You don't still have a Windows XP machine do you?
They are pretty vulnerable to malware that are going that kind of thing.

And no need for a new fuel pump for me, Sean is running the same pump with his LS1 in his buggy.

Windows 7 on everything that's on my local network.

They were implying that a third party was using my router to bounce traffic related to DoS attacks in order to hide the real source, and make it look like it was coming from me.

Just put a nitrous bottle on it and haul buns.

this is the best advice.

:gag:

Will a stock XJ radiator cool a 5.3/6.0?

I personally wouldn't want a cast aluminum oil pan. One rock kiss and it's a goner. There goes a few hundred $$$.

You forgot needing to rebuild the exhaust completely.

You'll need a decent cooler if you want an auto to live, even just wheeling. Add on money for a cooler and the lines/fittings to hook it up, even if you just use hard lines and hose/hose barbs it can be like $60 and then another $50 for a cheap cooler that may not even provide enough cooling.

You'll easily blow the $200 on just fuel stuff. A new pump and a regulator will kill that $200 fast. Even if you don't do fancy SS lines and AN fittings, you still need to adapt the regulator to hoses/tubing.

What about money for a tune to delete the VATs and evap stuff?

Nevermind any misc stuff a junkyard motor needs. A gasket or sensor here and there add up fast.

You're also forgetting that he'll need to fab new motor mounts and trans mounts and possibly driveshafts.

Not saying it's still not worth it, but there's no way you'd get away with it for $1200.

Why would you want to do something the right way, reliably, and actually finish it? Much easier to just throw numbers out on the internet.

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Why would you want to do something the right way, reliably, and actually finish it? Much easier to just throw numbers out on the internet.

That's what I'm all about. You guys should know, given my vast amounts of web wheeling experience.

A 55 gallon drum of Nitro Methane is $2200, I think I've found the solution.

Currently at 63hrs, just got asked to stay till 7

Considering cutting out the floor between the seats and fuel cell for more vision, thoughts?

Weld whatever you remove to the roof. It'll help with COG.

Second.

Ross, I got the new front seal, it came with the plastic sleeve and some metal piece. Might start that Sunday.

Saturday going down to Anthony's to give him a hand with his XJ for the day.

Back