• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

I ALMOST HAD YOU!!!!

You never had me. You never had your car!

It was on last night and I couldn't not watch it. It was like driving by a car accident.

Billiam, did you get my text yesterday?

Bill, are you guys running office 2013/365?

Not 365 any longer, email worked great but sharepoint did not. I moved the district away this summer and went to Google Apps/Mail.
We do have a FTE license for all school owned devices to have Office though. So yes, we are running 2013 with a few still straggling on 2010/2011.

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Did you have any issues with office apps updating on their own? I have a couples boxes that look to update and crash out when I open something. Running a repair install now to see if that works, not much I found on the interwebs about it

Did you have any issues with office apps updating on their own? I have a couples boxes that look to update and crash out when I open something. Running a repair install now to see if that works, not much I found on the interwebs about it

No. We run a WSUS server.

office will tie into the windows update manager wouldn't surprise me that someone said they an't got time for that and corrupted the install when they were shutting down for the day

I have found that if you get the "insert disc" on opening office it is best to remove all traces, and reinstall with everything on "run from my PC". That solves the issue. Seemed to be more with '03/'07/'10 I can't recall that on '13.

office will tie into the windows update manager wouldn't surprise me that someone said they an't got time for that and corrupted the install when they were shutting down for the day

Ya, and I have windows updates turned off

I have found that if you get the "insert disc" on opening office it is best to remove all traces, and reinstall with everything on "run from my PC". That solves the issue. Seemed to be more with '03/'07/'10 I can't recall that on '13.

Nope, its different. "Configuring updates" window, and it loads like 5 of em. Anyway, did a repair install and it works now on one machine. Prob just a bad image. It's like pulling teeth to get the IT guy here from campus, I kept begging him for a copy of the office disc and finally got it this morning.

We don't go off the server here... The hospital and the campus are on separate ISPs. It's so dumb.

Can't you just download the .iso from MS VLSC? Or please tell me you aren't buying individual copies still...

I haven't had a physical disc for Office since 2003.

I took a hammer to the face today. When I asked my boss how bad it was he goes "open a can of man the **** up. Your only bleeding from the mouth bad." I love my job!

Before the hate even starts, the tool maker across from me broke the hammer and the head hit me in the mouth. I had nothing to do with it.

Can't you just download the .iso from MS VLSC? Or please tell me you aren't buying individual copies still...

I haven't had a physical disc for Office since 2003.

i have no idea where the guy got it from. my dept in under the DoIT umbrella, and the guy who got me the disc is the IT dude for campus AV.

I took a hammer to the face today. When I asked my boss how bad it was he goes "open a can of man the **** up. Your only bleeding from the mouth bad." I love my job!

#notsureifserious

i love weddings but, having two in 1 week sucks. so long moneyyyyyyyyyy

Last edited:
Back