• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

at 175k and 230k isnt a big deal IMO. buy an older subie and you'll have done 4-5 head gaskets by 250k if its a 2.5... at least one if its a 2.2
you smoking crack son?

at 175k and 230k isnt a big deal IMO. buy an older subie and you'll have done 4-5 head gaskets by 250k if its a 2.5... at least one if its a 2.2

My mom had a Legacy Outback with the 2.5 until probably 6 years ago, and hers did not need HG's until better than 180k miles. Also, looks like he tore half the motor apart on the second HG job too. Not really fair to compare it to a Subaru either, I'd think you'd want to match it up with a ZJ as an alternative.

I really don't care too much since it's your money and I'm not one to judge, considering the number of reliability issues I've had recently with my ZJ's, but I think you're going to spend a significant amount more here than you would on a Toyota or some Jeep model.

So a head gasket job only laster 55k miles. That sounds like either an improper install or the motor noms head gaskets.

My 2.5rs only needed 1 head gasket and it had 220k when I sold it. I hear it's getting an STi drivetrain soon...

my 2.5RS blew the HG and then the PO drove on it until the motor blew... that was at 125k-ish. ive ridden in a RSTi and its a holy experience.

i didnt want another jeep unless it was a WJ overland, but finding one of those in good shape would cost me double what i paid for the rover, and eventhen they arent a solidly 100% reliable truck. XJs are bulletproof, but theyre becoming known as a car that you can beat up and neglect and will keep running.... so most of the ones for sale show that kind of ownership when you are looking at or below $3k. of course a better deal on a disco came up yesterday after i got mine (and its a DII), but that always happens. i like the older ones more anyway, and i think despite its quirks itll serve me well.

Next time I talk about girls will someone just punch me in the dick?

Jesus christ. :sure:

Seems like it's all or nothing with this one, and she's scared of all, total 180 in no time flat with zero warning. At least I found out fast this time.

Seems like it's all or nothing with this one, and she's scared of all, total 180 in no time flat with zero warning. At least I found out fast this time.

I don't have a clue what the rest of your post means, but I'll gladly hit you in your man parts.

I can't make much sense of this. She's scared of what?

So are you saying you are done with females and will be shacking up with Pat now?

Re: Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Speaking of travel, anyone know how Rt. 301 is through Maryland? I have to make a trip to Hollywood, MD next week and am driving there...not sure if I want to do the loop around Baltimore & DC or pick up 301 in Delaware and take that all the way. If it's not completely full of suck then I might do anyway just to d something different.

It's not bad. Shoots you through a lot of lights though.

Id take 95 to 895 around baltimore then 295 south and catch 301 near DC.

Anyone looking for a dd or a quick flip?

2006 WK Grand Cherokee Laredo
Quadra-Trac I 4x4, 3.7L, 75,000 miles
Transmission Issues (shudder at low RPM under load) - diagnosed with a bad torque converter and possible faulty speed sensor
Engine runs strong, no other issues - runs and drives
100% stock and well maintained.
Reconstructed Title from PA
Located in West Chester PA
Registered and inspected through April

$3000 firm

9utyze8u.jpg

Back