• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

wow you suck at reading. what are you doing with all those books?

Wiping my butt.

I swear it couldn't have been on the list, I know not all the cars were. I should have scoured the lot instead of being lazy I guess. Oh well...

I don't like having my feet hang off the end, but it's all I know.

Nicole and I had a king while we were in Costa Rica. Too big. We were too far away to snuggle.

I've slept in a california king with my girlfriend and it's still not big enough. Then again I go buckwild in my sleep.

Same here... For now. We shared a twin for 2 years. Yes you read that right.

Wow, I didn't think anyone would have beat me. 1.75 years, but only on the weekends (school is about a 2 hour drive from here, so eff that every morning) Going to a full is heavenly by comparison.

Last edited:

Ok maybe my standards aren't that bad then lol.

Kate had a full in her apartment. It was barely big enough for us. Queen was a nice step up.

I could definitely see a king if you have a dog on the bed.

Psh, Dex sleeps with us most of the time in our full. We stay warm lol

Guinness usually sleeps toward the end of the bed either just below Betsy or myself and sprawls out as much as possible. Dick.

guy on discoweb just blew his motor (same as mine) at 250k miles. he's owned the truck since almost new and here his list of everything he has replaced. doesnt seem that bad really.

Finally, the odometer turned. The miles are kind of bogus, since the VSS was dead on one thousand-mile trip, but since I installed D110 t-case, the speedo/odometer is running about 10% faster. Kind of close to 250 kmi.

What broke in the truck?

Engine: nothing ever broke, but it had two head gasket jobs - at 170kmi and at 249600. On top of the last head gasket job I replaced the rod bearing shells (down to copper all of them, but no excessive wear on the crank journals), and freed up the oil control rings on all pistons (about half of them were caked in). Replaced several valve lifters due to asymmetric wear. The CkPS has been replaced once, at about 245kmi, and oil pressure sensor due to an oil leak through it.
Engine cooling system: radiator recored around 230kmi, several fan clutches, original fan. Expansion tank was replaced around 170kmi with updated unit.

Transmission: nothing ever broke. Not sure if the filter has ever been replaced, but the fluid has been replaced several times.

Transfer case: shifter mechanism broke once, at around 230 kmi. The entire case was replaced with a D110 unit, for no reason other than get lower highway gearing.

Axles:
Rear: nothing ever broke. Seals were replaced twice, don't remember when, differential was replaced with a TrueTrac at 110kmi.
Front: broke the short-side CV joint (it had to happen!) once. The seals have been replaced twice as well. The differential was replaced with a TrueTrac at around 170kmi.

Driveshafts:
Front: U-joints replaced 2 or 3 times (not all at once).
Rear: replaced with a U-jointed version at around 160kmi, and since then had one U-joint replacement.

Suspension:
Front: Bilstein shocks that came with the truck at 40kmi went to the dumpster at 220kmi and were replaced with TerraFirma units. Radius arms bushings have been replaced at 235-240kmi. Panhard rod was replaced with an adjustable one with a heim joint, which was a mistake in retrospect. Before that, its bushings have been replaced once.
Rear: Upper A-arm ball joint was replaced at around 215kmi. Bilstein shocks that came with the truck went to the dumpster at about 215kmi as well. Trailing arms were replaced at about 180kmi with heim-jointed ones - and then by TerraFirma bent ones at 249900 mi. Note to self: say NO to heim joints and polyurethane bushings in suspension.
Springs: replaced around 60kmi with used OME 751/762, still on the truck without any observable sag.

Steering:
Both drag link and tie rod replaced with solid units around 140kmi. TREs replaced two or three times (not all at once).
Steering box replaced twice with reman units from Meridian. Steering pump replaced three times, last time with a GM full-size half-ton to 1-ton unit with integral reservoir. This one is likely to oulive the truck. Steering hoses replaced twice.

Wheels: original 16x7 Castor alloys, still straight.

Tires: many sets including original Michelin XPC (average lifetime - 30kmi), PepBoys Futura Enforcer mud-terrains, BFGoodrich AT, MT, MT/KM2.

Body: windshield at around 220kmi, rear door window at around 230kmi, alpine window seals at around 150 kmi (rusted then, rusted now), springs in all 5 door locks, front seats with RRC units, rear seat. Hood latch cable replaced once.
That's about it.

Electricals: Alternator replaced twice - at 230kmi with a P38A unit that started flaking out at 249kmi. One taillight assembly due to distorted brake light housing at 235kmi, bulbs replaced with LEDs. Window ECU had been repaired (resoldered a cold joint) around 235kmi as well. Battery - replaced three times (factory with Optima Red Top, then Exide Orbital, then another Exide AGM). Fuel pump: replaced once (died without any warning). Starter: replaced once. Turn signal switch assembly - replaced once.
Oh yes, Vehicle Speed Sensor - replaced twice.

i think its funny that he hates hard suspension joints. shows you how these trucks are built for much more of a leisurely wheeling style than what we are used to.

Back