• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

We will. This project will take most of my wheeling time (and all the budget) this summer. But I AM GOING TO MAKE IT OUT at least a few times.

I'll be by on Tuesday to borrow the truck and trailer. :wave:

On a serious note: There was a bit of a scare after I got rid of the exhaust leak. There was a bad engine noise as soon as I got it started. It sounded exactly like a few miles before the original engine let go. I checked the oil (fine) and checked the compression (all w/ at least 100 psi.). I got a bit frustrated and decided to take it out on the Jeeps engine and tached it out for a few seconds. Once it returned to idle it was running mint. I'm guessing it was a sticky lifter. NNNIIIIICCEE!!!

The Jeep is running almost perfect. The rear main seal is leaking a little bit (replaced it & the oil pan gasket when I swapped the engine; leaks about about a cup a day) and the '99 head & '01 gasket and manifold don't seal exactly perfect so I have a tiny header leak. I've driven it about 100 miles and plan to drive it a bunch more before Wednesday. I'm going to change the oil with 10W-40 to see if that will slow the RMS leak a bit.

Free rust prevention. Don't mess with it.

I ended up getting the motor completely out of the red jeep and the new one is nearly ready to go in. Just need to scrape the manifold gasket surface clean and bolt a few more things onto it, then find my 11mm gearwrench so I can remove the CPS to avoid shredding it bashing a motor into it. If I'm careful I might even be able to skip that part.

If I hadn't ended up with a minor sunburn by the time I had the engine out and the new one prepped I would have had it back in the jeep already. Oh well.

I'll be by on Tuesday to borrow the truck and trailer. :wave:.

If you think I can fit 2100ft of sch 80 3" and 2" pipe in 20ft lengths in your Subaru, we can do that. Otherwise, I'm going to need it myself this week. :spin1:

the '99 head & '01 gasket and manifold don't seal exactly perfect so I have a tiny header leak.

Theres aguy on here in Norton MA who sells an adapter to mate the older head to the new manifolds without any leaks. I think he wants 100 bucks and makes several of them at a time

If you think I can fit 2100ft of sch 80 3" and 2" pipe in 20ft lengths in your Subaru, we can do that. Otherwise, I'm going to need it myself this week. :spin1:

Bill, have you figured out how much all that wieghs? I had to pick up like 65 lengths of pipe ranging from a few 4, 5, and 6" to a bunch of 2 and 3" and it was putting some weight on the 16k trailer I had.

Bill, have you figured out how much all that wieghs? I had to pick up like 65 lengths of pipe ranging from a few 4, 5, and 6" to a bunch of 2 and 3" and it was putting some weight on the 16k trailer I had.

It's PVC. So probably about 3800-4000 lbs total if I was to guess.

Ahhh, PVC. I've only delt with steel and copper. I actually have to go to a pipe place tomorrow to unload their orders of copper piping, each buddle is usually around 2500lb. The steel piping is freaking heavy, it put a nice bow in the trailer.

That's a hell of a lot of pipe. Prepunched drain lines for the foundation, or part of the septic field?

Colin wants a tuner in his truck. Therefore my day was a success.

hey colin remember how i said i always feel tired at like 10pm but i'm still awake at 2:30???

:wave:

hey colin remember how i said i always feel tired at like 10pm but i'm still awake at 2:30???

:wave:

buy a smarty :thumbup:

Back