• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I have the MS harness. That takes care of the fuel injection, but nothing else. Like starter, fans, horn, headlights, etc. How do you plan on handling those? That's all I'm talking about. Not duplicating the MS harness. I'm also not using it to control ignition right now, so I have to handle that separately as well.

The 12V guy stuff is just convenient and a nice product. I'd want a removable winch panel anyway for repairing/replacing/adding things so it fits the bill. If you price out quality switches, it seems like it wouldn't be that far off.

Yeah I have a bunch of wire loom so I can still use it. They had some bulk down at Carlisle last year so I bought a bunch of it cheap.

You can set a MS output to trigger a fan relay, NBD. It'll have a coolant temp sensor wired to it anyway for the fuel mapping. Everything else is simple relay bullshit, NBD there either.

Granted you're not running an MS3x w/expansion board. Mine might be a bit more complex. :laugh:

A weatherproof washdown-duty panel mount SPDT (on)-off-(on) switch from McMaster is $11, fwiw.

Thoughts, in random order.

Ken, I have the AMC bellhousing pattern blueprinted in several ways. I also have the Ford smallblock pattern, the Chevy smallblock pattern, and the Ford 3.0 Vulcan, not that that's all that important. Motor mounts are a different story but I can give you my info on bellhousing/crank adaptation if you need it.

12Vguy stuff is nice but I'm never gonna use it. My harness is gonna be significantly more complicated than yours as I'll be running 6 injector wires and 6 coil wires in addition to all the engine control stuff, and at that point it's probably worth it to me to just buy the DYIAutoTune harness and cut it to length. I'd suggest the same for your application. The wires come preconnected to the plug, color coded, and labeled as to what they do. If I did it myself I have two options...I'd either scavenge multicolored wires out of the various harnesses I've accumulated, and build the D-sub connector myself, and be stuck with troubleshooting it if anything goes wrong. But having uniquely colored wires connected to the proper plug and labeled "INJ1" "INJ2" "IAC" "TPS" etc and matched to the MS pinout seems really appealing to me right now.

I have part numbers for all the switches and stuff I used wiring my remote winch panel from McMaster, it's easy and pretty economical.

I'm gonna use wire loom anyway...what's your alternative, ribbon cable or a rat's nest?
I'd love the AMC bellhousing pattern if you don't mind... and maybe the ford smallblock pattern, because if it's easier or doesn't have as many mounting hole interference issues, I can pick up a ford T18 bellhousing and get that involved in the swap.

to be honest drop the 360/nv4500 you got into the j20
I would but I have plans for that... I've already considered it more than once.

Also, if I do that, it's the wonky old style transfer case bolt pattern on the D20 in the J20, so I'd have to swap transfer cases too, and probably modify driveshafts. That's why I want to keep the T18 in it if possible.

I am really hoping the AMC 360 is rebuildable. We'll see.

I'm so sick of driving my Jeep. Hopefully I can get a house soon so I can take it off the road and throw it in the garage for a bit and fix all the little things wrong with it.

hell i should probably buy those.

i need a 60 locker anyway. if i bought one new it would be over half the price of that setup.

just scrap the axles under it and throw man ones underneath.
would be nice, but i dont really have the time or money for that. realistically i'll probably just keep the axles it has. i have come to the realization that i dont wheel nearly as much as i used to to justify getting big boy axles.

would be nice, but i dont really have the time or money for that. realistically i'll probably just keep the axles it has. i have come to the realization that i dont wheel nearly as much as i used to to justify getting big boy axles.

sucks growing up! my mom's basement rocks!

it sucks theyre 456. grab em for 700, slap higher gears in, cut the fron perches off and 4 link mounts and a trackbar mount, you've got tons for less than 1300 bucks. damn good deal.

Those axles are on the trading post too. If I wasn't buying a J20 I would probably buy them. That is a hell of a price, just the front is worth that in parts alone easily.

Id rather waste money building my own axles over time though.

it sucks theyre 456. grab em for 700, slap higher gears in, cut the fron perches off and 4 link mounts and a trackbar mount, you've got tons for less than 1300 bucks. damn good deal.

4.56 is mint for a v8 and a manly transmission

I figured out by taking a summer course and loading my schedule up for the fall semester, I can graduate in December. I like the sound of that. Then I can move up in the company from my dead end job now and make some real money.

I figured out by taking a summer course and loading my schedule up for the fall semester, I can graduate in December. I like the sound of that. Then I can move up in the company from my dead end job now and make some real money.

i hate fake money.

ifsja.org Carmelo is polite, genius, well behaved, and helpful.

naxja.org Carmelo is immature, hilarious, and dick jokes.

I think i like naxja carmelo better.

Back