• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Made a bunch of holes in a piece of aluminum tonight.

7169316122_5bd4460a61_c.jpg

Felt good to be workin on a mill again.

this is interesting for anyone involved with foa shocks.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14347775#post14347775

cliffnotes: dude has foa issues

foa offers to send replacement parts for free

dude who had issues, counter-offers with he will pay full price for the parts if foa is 100% confident they will fix his issue, and if foa is not 100% confident, he will not take the free parts and take his business elsewhere.

Wish I could view Pirate. :(

I know I can on my phone, but that's not nearly as nice or easy as just having a browser open in the background while I'm working and switching back and forth occasionally.

dude who had issues, counter-offers with he will pay full price for the parts if foa is 100% confident they will fix his issue, and if foa is not 100% confident, he will not take the free parts and take his business elsewhere.
Isn't that blow out very similar one of the many issues that you had with your shocks?

It'll be interesting to see how he responds.

ive blown them out in just about every possible way. i do beat on them hard and have more issues than the koh folks who run them and others who race with them around the country. im bumpstopped and limit strapped and they dont interfere with anything.

anyone got a spare stock battery tray sitting around they want gone? I managed to destroy mine a few weeks ago with too much high speed dirt road driving. My inner fenders are liable to change a lot when I attach the frame to the truck, so I'm not gonna spend any time or money on a good battery holder right now.

I've never had any catastrophic failures on mine...pretty much anything that's gotten screwed up has been my fault.

One of my 16's had a leaky sealhead, but I bought it used like that. I did rebuild one with a replacement sealhead that had no seal in it, that was kind of cool. The seals are a bit XXXXed on my 12's at this point but they're original from 2009, I'm not really that surprised...both threaded ends are a little bent from using the shaft-mounted bumpstops.

To get mine back in working order for the new rig I'll need:

4 x sealheads/wipers
2 x 12" shafts, maybe shaft ends & bearings as well, haven't looked at 'em yet
O-ring sets...I have one floating piston that has a little bit of blowby, one of the 12's is leaking slightly from around the top cap (this is also because of the shaft bumps bottoming with the shock tilted slightly)

Also technically I need to run 14's in the back, not 16's. So I might also need:
2 x 14" shafts
2 x 14" shock bodies

I should be able to use the top caps & reservoirs again. I keep meaning to email about the rules and find out if I can run a 14" shaft in a 16" body, or if it has to actually be a legit 14" travel shock.

Either way, most of what I have to do is maintenance and I can't really fault FOA for it. I'll see how much it's gonna cost me to do all that (usually Chris is really good about parts for me) but I think I'll at least give 'em another run this year.

anyone got a spare stock battery tray sitting around they want gone? I managed to destroy mine a few weeks ago with too much high speed dirt road driving. My inner fenders are liable to change a lot when I attach the frame to the truck, so I'm not gonna spend any time or money on a good battery holder right now.

i do yo.

let the battle begin lol

Has anyone ever made a roll cage out of Sobakowa pillows? Roll over and it'll be like a cloud of tits.

Back