• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

So the only Line Mtn races I've read are the ones in June/July and Sept I think.

If there was one in August that would give me enough time to be ready.

I don't think between NacFest and Carlisle I'll have enough time.

I would need to add window nets, kill switch, and the front tubework.

I'd like to do something about my front bumpstops before I race it too. I really don't want my axle going into my exhaust/oilpan accidentally.

I'd like to do something about my front bumpstops before I race it too. I really don't want my axle going into my exhaust/oilpan accidentally.

my towers arent even extended and they are bent to hell. both rub the coil spring pretty constantly.

i have the outer bumps fo flexin and the inner bumps against the frame for oil pan security and straight on hits.

Right, which is exactly why I want to do something about my bumpstops.

I was thinking about just dropping some tube down from the engine bay through the middle of the coil spring area and using that as a bumpstop.

Not sure how much work I want to put into it though, rather than just going right to coilovers.

I wish they made the bumpstop towers slightly curved to follow the arc of the axle. Factory probably didn't because they used really weak shit to make them but I'm sure a radius bent piece of 1/4 wall DOM would be absolutely fine.

I wish they made the bumpstop towers slightly curved to follow the arc of the axle. Factory probably didn't because they used really weak shit to make them but I'm sure a radius bent piece of 1/4 wall DOM would be absolutely fine.

Either that or there was no need on a stock station wagon that wasn't designed from the factory to have a lift kit.

Just wanted to let you guys know i'll be winning the mega millions today, 540 million.

Just wanted to let you guys know i'll be winning the mega millions today, 540 million.
nope

I'll be winning it

(yes I decided to throw away a dollar because HALF A BILLION DOLLARS WTF)

its not the actual piece of tube. but where it mounts thats the issue.

Dundy you around tonight?

I forgot to swing by for those u-joints last night.

I'm available to remove all of the needle bearings and replace them with dirt!

I'll be around for a few hours after work. If I don't see you i'll drop the u-joints off at your house before I head to Westport. We're going to tear the LeMons XJ apart a bit this weekend. See how bad the floors are.

We're going to tear the LeMons XJ apart a bit this weekend. See how bad the floors are.

Very bad. I plan to order enough 18g for myself to have enough leftover to do the patch work.

I'm really liking the idea of putting together my new shop the way I want it. I get to change lots of things that have bothered me over the years.

What I'm not liking so much is the price tag that comes with it, obviously. So I'm trying to decide where best to invest.

I don't need anything fancy. I have a slow-running drill press already. Just basic stuff, grinder, sawzall, hand drill, vise, shop crane, engine stand, rounding out the metric side of my tools because I don't have any, etc.

So for the sake of discussion. What stuff, in your guys' opinion, is best sourced through Harbor Freight/off brand vs. something more solid?

My best experience with corded power tools has by far been Milwaukee, and I don't think this is an area to skimp. However all the ones I've been using are a few years old now and I've heard rumors that newer stuff isn't as good.

Things like a vise, shop crane, jackstands, press etc I think can probably come from HF. Tube notcher, not so much.

I've had really good luck with both Kobalt and the cheaper Task Force brand from Lowes; both are guaranteed. Thinking about getting one of the larger combo sets from there to fill the tool box and leave my little rollup/offroad tool kit the way it is.

Thoughts, or any other good deals/finds that are out there?

Back