• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The MEGA-HYPED Blizzard of 2009!

Is this Snow Storm worthy of all the Local Media Hype?

• Yes

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • .......its snowing, where?

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course I'm in Hot-Lanta (Atlanta) on leave during probably the last snow storm of the year.

But then again, I've been in shorts and a t-shirt since I got here. Oh, and I kayaked and fished the Chattahoochee River for about 5 miles two days ago.

Sounds like its snowing... I'm stuck in Milwaukee, Cant get a flight into Denver and on back to GJ. :(

Do you need me to go check to see if the Harley still runs? It would be no trouble at all... :D

the springs isnt bad for snow...went cruisin around lookin for stuck people...and well...i was playing with me jeep on an ice rink....
all the plows scraped but no sand or mag chloride was dropped....so HELLO ice...
pretty fun but noone was out and all the stuck cars were abandoned

My little dog asks: "What is this media that you speak of?"

UPLOADS158.jpg

So I guess I don't have to water this week:

UPLOADS146.jpg

So left the house around 10 this moring to go pick up my little sister from school. Then I hung out with family all day. Jenn and I ended up getting home around 9:30 to find 3 feet of snow piled up infront of our gate and inside out little backyard. I had to break our gate just to get in to the door.
SD530645.jpg

SD530644.jpg

SD530646.jpg

Me out talking to the neighbors
SD530648.jpg

Finally got a path.
SD530650.jpg

Jenn next to the pile.
SD530651-1.jpg

:yelclap: Yay..... 10 inches and counting!! Let it snow.... let it snow.......:thumbup:

Did anyone total up the number of wrecks thus far. 50 car pile up on 76 and 270. 3 jack knifed semis on 36

From the info I have been getting around here we are in the hundreds here!! A group of my coworkers who carpool from Pueblo got hit by a Semi today?????? No details but but from what I heard it was not to bad!?!?!

And due to all the bangins here, it looks like I will be staying for an extra shift against my will............... I knew I should have banged in myself!!!!!

ya there was a huge pileup (40 cars?) on 125 in the springs....
there was a few wrecks on 24 but nothing major

was watching the news and this storm has hit co kansas texas oklahoma new mexico and mo there are drifts against my garage door of 3 1/2 4 ft but at least the wind has stopped

My little dog asks: "What is this media that you speak of?"

Days before the storm actually hit all I saw from all the weather channels/sites, news agencies was this "Blizzard/winter Storm" was going to be this BIG event.

I am sorry I have lived here most of my life as many of you and every late winter / early spring we get most of our heavy snowfall. March to May you can expect big heavy wet snow storms. Granted we have been pretty dry this season, but the way the news was blasting it, I was expecting this "Day After Tomorrow" event that turned out to be typical heavy spring snow storm. In fact I didn't even take any pics..............as I find this storm so unremarkable.

People act like this never happens in Co. What it was 2006/2007 winter we had the Blizzards back to back and heavy snow every weekend for like 6 weeks. Then before that I remember that Blizzard in March that dumped 3' of snow in 24 hours. Now those were big events to write home about!

I just laughed at all those that still do not know how to drive in this stuff or haven't learned yet that if you drive a car that is not equipped properly for driving in snow/ice you should just stay home instead of trekking out and getting stranded................................ :yelclap:

So I guess I don't have to water this week:

We need it, and more of it!

I took the family up to Gross reservoir a month ago and it was half empty. If it keeps up with this dry weather it will be like the drought of years back.

Last edited:
Sittin' in the office. Delayed start on base, but no snow day...............:bs:

Access-a-ride canceled all rides scheduled for the day so our Day Habilitation services of 200+ participants is closed again today..........so I am sitting at home playing Guitar Hero III. :geek:

....I would rather be at work getting caught up. :shhh:

Access-a-ride canceled all rides scheduled for the day so our Day Habilitation services of 200+ participants is closed again today..........so I am sitting at home playing Guitar Hero III. :geek:

....I would rather be at work getting caught up. :shhh:

Everything else is closed and no one on base will do anything that requires leaving their office, almost guaranteed. $20 says I do nothing all day. I don't even have paperwork to catch up on..................:speepin:

we got about 10 inches in bailey, going out to plow the driveway, sun is shining this morning.

lots of wrecks on 285 yesterday.

Do you need me to go check to see if the Harley still runs? It would be no trouble at all... :D

Nope, made it back to GJ today. Flying into Denver from Milwaukee this morning. Lots and lots of snow. Glad its sunny and no snow here in GJ

Back