• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The MEGA-HYPED Blizzard of 2009!

Is this Snow Storm worthy of all the Local Media Hype?

• Yes

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • .......its snowing, where?

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skully

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so its snowing.......or is it?..........I went to work for a couple hours this morning and the roads were just wet. Because of all the media HYPE of this storm they closed down our Day Habilitation Services for the day.

I was calling those that are on our routes and not on public transportation that there was no services today. Come home at 9 and the roads were getting yucky. ( I actually love driving in this type of stuff making it look so easy while others are scared to death or all over the place.)

Stop at the store on the way home to get essentials; pizza, pop, milk, coffee, Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, cigs, etc..............
Had some fun in the side streets playing with my Jeep and testing out the new Aussie Locker. Get home, 5 hours later now I am bored.............. wife is taking a nap, boy is taking a nap. Go outside and the storm has sputtered down to spitting. In fact snow plows came through the neighborhood and graded and now those areas are just wet, no snow.

How is the snow in your area? I can say maybe 12 inches. (For those that can not read the top right info of each person's post I am in Broomfield.)

Last edited:
Highway 58 and Eastbound I-70 this morning:

UPLOADS144.jpg

I have a couple feet out back. I need to keep an eye on my little dogs when they have to pee.

ya were a few inches deep here but nothing spectacular like i was hoping for.....its been letting off....

Aurora (Miss & Chambers) - Snow has stopped entirely, maybe 3-4" on ground. I took today and Friday off with the intention of going to Cheyenne, and then to our cabin by Granite res. between Cheyenne and Laramie.

So much for that plan...:(

I think I am going to go out in a few hours to highway 83 and see if anyone needs some winching.

Sounds like its snowing... I'm stuck in Milwaukee, Cant get a flight into Denver and on back to GJ. :(

Its not moving. My dad said the freeway is basically at a dead stop.

Ah 25. I dont know about the 24. I could jus call my buddy's and see.

ya i gotta drive down 24...we dont see but maybe 2 cars every couple minutes....
the westbound was stopped for about an hour....its down to one lane now

Yeah I told the guys at the station I cant come in... ha I hate when it snows cus all we do is pull people out of the snow. Its always really lame.

I think I am going to go out in a few hours to highway 83 and see if anyone needs some winching.

If you hit 83 post up the conditions please.I've got today off because of the blizzard but will be heading that way to work tomorrow afternoon.:thumbup:

The main issue I'm seeing with this blizzard is wind/visibility.Not much snow on the ground here on the east side (3") but the wind is blowing 25-45 mph and visibility absolutely sucks.

I am at station 2 in Monument. But they can radio other stations and tell me conditions.

I will let you know planefixer. I live right next to the 83 and will be going out in a few.

Its been snowing steady here since 8 am or so got about 7 8 inches but the wind is blowing it down the street the back of the house has drifts against the door and can't make my bulldog go out side so he is peeing in the garage was gonna go to store but still have beer so no need

ya i gotta drive down 24...we dont see but maybe 2 cars every couple minutes....
the westbound was stopped for about an hour....its down to one lane now

I just drove up 24, and conditions weren't really bad. Bunch of abandoned cars, the one accident that brought it down to 1 lane (westbound) is not really holding up traffic. Eastbound your direction doesn't look quite as driven-off so it's more of a slick packed snow, but it was flowing without a problem when I came through.

Definitely over-hyped. I'm not impressed. At work they announced a "suggestion" that everyone go home early, 4 different people recommended it including my immediate manager, who told me he was just out driving and the roads "are getting real bad". So now I'm working from home... I'm still not sure why.

I did happen to luck out and miss the white-out conditions though. Oh, and I'm sure where you are in the state makes a big difference too.

Back