• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Frog Blog

I ordered a set of LCA bushings from Rubicon Express last week but they haven't shown up yet. Wonder if I should call, considering RE is only a 30 minute drive away. I was hoping to get them installed this weekend.

I would give them a call. It seems like whenever I order from RE I get it the next day.

Your Jeep just keeps getting cooler and cooler. I have a quick question for you.. another locker question. How did it handle in the snow? or have you even had it in the snow?

I am about to put mine in come december when i come back home from Reno. But i keep hearing that i shouldnt put my front aussie in because its going to perform horribly in the snow, and i will have no 4wd freeway driving abilities? Thanks for all your help

also got my Eagle Scout tonight (technically yesterday) just thought you would like to know.

this will be my first winter on a front Aussie ....time will tell!! lol

Just a heads up about lockers and snow.
Street/freeway driving with snow is NOT FUN, you will crabwalk.
Busting through snowy trails is awesome with lockers.
Driving with a locker in snow covered asphalt, you will not be enjoying life.

Just a heads up about lockers and snow.
Street/freeway driving with snow is NOT FUN, you will crabwalk.
Busting through snowy trails is awesome with lockers.
Driving with a locker in snow covered asphalt, you will not be enjoying life.

sounds like i should sell the aussie then?? Maybe i should just save up for an OX? or some sort of selectable (but a cheap one)

I've been busy with work and junk for the past few days and I see that I missed some questions and posts on the FB. As for LCA bushings, I really want RE to send me what they promised. Thanks for the offer though, Matt.

EDIT: I just called RE and they are waiting to get their bushings from the vendor. I thought he had them in stock but he did not. Maybe they will arrive for next weekend.

For Conner's front locker question, yes, I have used it in the snow. I thought it performed well for the conditions (best in deep snow), but you cannot beat a selectable locker, so I'd say save up for a selectable front locker if you can. I was planning to spend about 8K in 2010 (yeah...overshot that a bit) so I wanted a locker at a discount, so I ended up buying the Spartan until I could budget something better. I also do not really like sharp turns, even when not engaged. That is hard to get used to but it comes with the cheaper price.

Last edited:
I got my JCR upper quarter guards on last night, not a terrible job at all. the two lower bolts on the driver side are a PITA to get to but its possible. I will try to get pics up tonight. My computer at home went haywire. Got a damn trojan horse I do believe.

I got my JCR upper quarter guards on last night, not a terrible job at all. the two lower bolts on the driver side are a PITA to get to but its possible. I will try to get pics up tonight. My computer at home went haywire. Got a damn trojan horse I do believe.

I'd like to see those photos. When I installed my lower quarter panels, my wrists were shredded by the sharp sheet metal and brackets. I hope I never have to remove them.

I'd like to see those photos. When I installed my lower quarter panels, my wrists were shredded by the sharp sheet metal and brackets. I hope I never have to remove them.

Oh man that drivers side one is gonna SUCK! :eek:

I unhackjobbed my drivers side front fender today. Picked up some of the door edge trim from wally world and some cut off wheels for my dremel and went to town in it. Looks much better now. I will get pics up tomorrow night once I finish the passenger side. Still need figure out a way to remount my flares for winter time. Need to cut that seam in the fenderwell so it doesn't murder my tires when I disco the front swaybar.

Might try to tackle the Z34's soon. I started first shift today and I have to go Back to second next week to train on my new machines. So who knows when I will get those on. These machines are supposed to take 3-4 weeks to train on. I hate second!

At least you're getting somewhere now. I am no awaiting JCR upper Quarter Guards! :D Going to the MWC trail Clean up at Redbird SRA. Our trail is, of course, the tightest one there! Since I crushed a rear quarter there on the old Jeep I figure I'll get some before then. :doh:

My new JCR goodies arrived today. I will post up pics of the install after the weekend.

Got the first coat on my upper quarter guards today, They need a second coat though. My roommate let the dog out right as I got done painting the backside of the guards, stupid hooker got crap all over them.

Well its gonna be a little delayed. Of course its crappy out on my day off! If it clears up I can put another coat on them and throw them on. I just went with black for now. I also have Tail light boxes I'm gonna paint black. I may go to body color later but for now black will work.

Oh man that drivers side one is gonna SUCK! :eek:

All right, I gotta ask... when did the FB become the "FlexdXJ Blog"? I think he's posted more updates about his XJ in your blog in the past month than you have about yours Kelly, and he's not even in this chapter! :laugh:

Here ya go. Found out how to upload to photobucket from my phone.

IMG00060-20101003-1753.jpg

IMG00061-20101003-1754.jpg

Here's the WJ we lifted this weekend. Its only 2.5" but looks much better. he picked up some BFG's off of an 08 rubi today so it will look awesome tomorrow.

IMG00058-20101002-1842.jpg

All right, I gotta ask... when did the FB become the "FlexdXJ Blog"? I think he's posted more updates about his XJ in your blog in the past month than you have about yours Kelly, and he's not even in this chapter! :laugh:

Hey, you hush your mouth and don't worry about it. :laugh3:

When it gets slow in the MWC forum, I go to the frog blog or the SEC forum.

Hey, you hush your mouth and don't worry about it. :laugh3:

When it gets slow in the MWC forum, I go to the frog blog or the SEC forum.

Everyone is welcome to post their stories, lies, and propaganda on the FB. The more lies you add, the better the blog. Besides, I've been too busy with work lately to do anything much to the Frog, so I appreciate the updates.

By the way, your Cherokee is looking good, Flex. i debated on those larger panels and went for the smaller set. I won't be totally sold until I get the rear bumper (...in November).

Last edited:
I feel bad for not following your blog. I would have immediately asked if you checked the clearance on #6 because it will hit the intake manifold. The photo of the broken intake is a dead giveaway.

I'm just over the hill in Lincoln, if you have questions hit me up.

Everyone is welcome to post their stories, lies, and propaganda on the FB. The more lies you add, the better the blog. Besides, I've been too busy with work lately to do anything much to the Frog, so I appreciate the updates.

By the way, your Cherokee is looking good, Flex. i debated on those larger panels and went for the smaller set. I won't be totally sold until I get the rear bumper (...in November).

Thanks Kelly I'm happy with how its coming along. I just wish the suspension, axles and T-case w/SYE were under it instead of on the garage floor. :D

You going with a stage 3 from JCR?

Back