• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire and Wheel Selection

CBJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
1990 Wagoneer Limited- I am installing a BDS 3" lift with new spring packs, Nitro shocks, and Core 4x4 Cruiser adjustable lower and upper control arms, as well as Grand Cherokee steering components. I want to update the wheels and tires. I have the factory 3:55 gearing. I would rather not regear. I am also trynig to keep weight down. I am thinking of using a 16 x 8 4.5"BS wheel and 235/75-16 29" tires. With the 3" lift, will this combo look OK? I am not looking for responses on how I can stuff 33's in there. Any 3" lift and 29" tire photos to share?

That's a pretty wide wheel for that size tire!

1990 Wagoneer Limited- I am installing a BDS 3" lift with new spring packs, Nitro shocks, and Core 4x4 Cruiser adjustable lower and upper control arms, as well as Grand Cherokee steering components. I want to update the wheels and tires. I have the factory 3:55 gearing. I would rather not regear. I am also trynig to keep weight down. I am thinking of using a 16 x 8 4.5"BS wheel and 235/75-16 29" tires. With the 3" lift, will this combo look OK? I am not looking for responses on how I can stuff 33's in there. Any 3" lift and 29" tire photos to share?
Update. So I have decided to go with the Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T 31/10.50-15 from Wally World. I am looking at a 15 x 7 wheel that has 4.59 BS and +15 offset. Does anyone have knowledge on the feasibility of this combo?

Back