• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The FML Thread

I've got a keyless entry system on the XJ. Six weeks ago I had to switch out the ignition lock core. Worked great, so I tossed the old keys. Just realized that I now don't have a key for my doors or hatch. FML.

The good news for you is that if you take your vin and registration card to the dealer they will cut you a new key for your doors and hatch :roll:
A lock smith could probably rekey either the doors or ignition (if you get a new door key) so you only need one key. Eventually I'm going to have the ignition on my truck rekeyed to match the original doorkey.

A lock smith could probably rekey either the doors or ignition (if you get a new door key) so you only need one key. Eventually I'm going to have the ignition on my truck rekeyed to match the original doorkey.

Oh I know that. The stupidest part is that the ignition lock core came with the little pins so I could rekey it to my other keys. But I had a total brain fart and forgot that I needed the key for something other than the ignition and just tossed the old keys. Then I tossed the pins to rekey the ignition. Damn, I'm stupid. Then a month later I realize what I have done when I try to use a key to unlock my XJ. Doh! :banghead:

Just got back from my vacation cruise and have to go back to work tomorrow. FML

I've never had allergies before, but now that I'm in Dallas, I do.

Anyways now I'm thinking of relocating back to Cali. Haven't been happy with the move after school.

Anyone got a job for me :D

I only work one day a week, it's tomorrow. around 5pm i started coughing and now at 9:30 the green stuff is coming up and i can't talk my throat hurts so bad. work tomorrow is going to be fun FML.

Bummer. What happened? Pics?

Dick. Could have invited me :)

So wheres the pics?

Haha my dad has video on his phone, I'll get it from him today. Basically, I was winching up a waterfall and there was a huge drop off. I let off the winch to re-position myself and slid off a drop off and it was a goner. Luckily I rolled down all my windows on the driver side. Mind you this was the first obstacle of the course. I called it quits and jumped in with the buggy guys I was running with. I'm sure glad I did because my jeep would've been so fubared or broke. The trail was sooo gnarly...you need atleast 40" tires.
16cc7c2b.jpg

The A pillar, the door jamb, and fender is a little tweaked. The windshield spider webbed and my hatch is dented up. Time for a roll cage...

Back