• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sold the XJ

hightimes2

NAXJA Forum User
for the few of you I have met over the past few years I sold my XJ today so I will no longer be part of the NAXJA community :( but I will still lurk over here from time to time

It has been fun Randy

What's the plan now Randy? 'Wheelin' something else? No more 4x4?

Definitely pop in once and a while!

yes jon you will be seein me this summer at bandimere :laugh3: hopefully if things go right I will be in the 13's this year. As for as getting out of 4 wheelin that is a no as much as you guys will :flame: me I will tell you anyway I will be building a YJ for my next rig.

Per price cheaper to build up. Leafs VS coils. More options for lifts with the TJ. Long arm short arm. Vs just leafs.
Less parts to deal with with the leafs you can do an easy SOL lift and 33s easy. Can pick up the YJ for cheapr to.
I just see alot of YJ guys doing all this work to convert them to coils thats alot of time and effort that can be saved just going with a TJ setup.

Well if thats his plan that is.

Over all yes cheaper is for sure.

I have a motor and tranny out of a 86 iroc z camaro, spring over extending the wheelbase to 100-101", 14 bolt rear dana 60 front with 40-42" tires

Don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun in the xj but it was my 1st real build and I did a few things wrong so I figure it will be easier to just build my yj instead of redoing alot on the xj

O I feel you. I haven’t gotten that deep into the jeep out side of the lift and tires and minor body damage. I kind of miss the whole having a frame to work with. I have an old 89 Toy single cab short box that I’m going to build up for the old man. Odds are just wheel the XJ a few more years then when I can get into a cheaper 2 door unlimited I want to build that up as my next rock crawling rig.

Back