• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So sick of getting pushed around!!

Storydude said:
And I'll bet that he has a FUN time explaining to the Cops, and FD, why one of his Tows are smoking in front of his house.

yup his mullet would be dripping with sweat

Storydude said:
Burn a few, and I'll BET that he stops.

Det. cord is another good one - wrap it around the midsection of a car two or three times, set it off, watch car get cut in two almost instantly.

JeepFreak21 said:
We're not sure if this tow company does county/city work, but we're going to find out. Why do you ask?

Because nothing will cost them a lucrative government contract faster than not keeping to the law. The last thing any authority wants is a potential lawsuit because their contractors are cowboys. Call up your local parking enforcement office and ask them who they use.

And yes, as Glenn pointed out - keep going up the chain of command. The person with the headset job won't know how to handle your problem, nor will they have any reason to want to help you escalate it to someone who does.

Storydude said:
Sounds like you need some 15 Min. flares.

they will reduce a car to a smoking heap in UNDER 15 min.

Until you get charged with arson. Beat him at his own game. Locate the property owner and say youre a resident, this towing scum is a threat to you, leaving junk cars on the property and the manager won't do anything. When a car with some actual value comes along, call a competitor and say a car was abandoned here and you want it removed (a signed request specific to the car, from the owner would be needed). Do you know anyone that has a wheel lift? Tow (or push them or use the jeep) to a city no parking zone. Lastly, leave a few "drywall anchors" under the truck tires. Make it inconveinent for them to do business. I really have no sympathy for the tow scum industry, other than those companys whose business activites include assisting stranded motorists. Your wife may want to carry some pepper spray if she feels threatned.

Have a look at the CA DMC Civil Vehicle Code (google). Towing is pretty regulated. In California, one officer from your local police department is assigned to towing affairs (usually the traffic comissioner). Meet with this person and list the violations. They could have their permit suspended.

Last edited:
casm said:
Because nothing will cost them a lucrative government contract faster than not keeping to the law. The last thing any authority wants is a potential lawsuit because their contractors are cowboys. Call up your local parking enforcement office and ask them who they use.

Yeah, my wife's close with the sargeant for the towing division... he's getting taken off the towing rotation for sure.
Billy

Storydude said:
Sounds like you need some 15 Min. flares.

they will reduce a car to a smoking heap in UNDER 15 min.

I'd love to, but he won't give a sh!t. He got the cars for free, he'll just go get another. He wouldn't have to explain to anybody, because we're the only thing linking him to the cars.
Billy

casm said:
And yes, as Glenn pointed out - keep going up the chain of command. The person with the headset job won't know how to handle your problem, nor will they have any reason to want to help you escalate it to someone who does.

Don't forget to mention that you (or wife) were injured on one of the vehicles, after complaining to the manager. Funny how quickly money motivates an operation. BTW, you are keeping a photo journal, yes?

Hmm, sure sounds like the vehicles sitting for short periods of time are stolen. A common auto theft tactic is to park a stolen car in a remote location to see if it gets recovered within the first 24-48 hours. If it hasn't been recovered it's likely the vehicle doesn't have LoJack.

Stop doing this legwork yourself and get an attorney. To hell with the loopholes in dysfunctional government. Don't sue, just get something done. Sure money talks as stated above, but don't let them call your bluff. Having an attorney on retainer > doing the work yourself. Document EVERYTHING, down to time of day and the names of people spoken to.

Or move.

JeepFreak21 said:
We've already spoken to both. The police say that the DA isn't going to pursue such a case and they've got more important things to deal with. The owner of the tow company is pleading ignorant and nobody seems to care. I never mentioned (or considered) complaining to the guy's mom.
Billy

fine then...next time make the POS disappear.......... drag it off and leave it in the street where the cops will find it..they probably called the company to have it towed to start with...let the driver try to explain that away

Just to turn out an original thought or two, how about a couple of quarts of gas mixed with oil, then a call to the Fire Dept. (from a pay phone) "Car leaking gas in the parking lot", doubt they would turn out the whole firehouse, probably just send over the clean-up crew. I don´t know the going rate for the clean-up, but the last time I heard it, was around $300.
Learned a long time ago, the only way to deal with somebody, you can´t reason with, is to go right past discussion, through loud arguement, straight to drop a brick on his head.
One question though, why hassle the guy in the first place, everybody is trying to get by, one way or another, really, what are the cars actually hurting there. I try to ignore other peoples shortcomings, very few people will pass a rectoscopy without finding something stinky. Or in other words, if you climb up somebodies rear with a microscope, your sure to find something to complain about. Very few people are perfect.

From What I see going on with this guy, If he did any of the things you all are suggesting this guy is going to make their life a living hell. He may burn up their car or apartment. I would be looking for a new place to live myself.
Yep a pain, but better then dealing with that asshole. I lived next door to a dozen Hells Angels about 25 years ago down in Vallejo and they would be up all night Cranked out and riding their Hogs up and down the street. The cops were affraid of them and so was everyone in the Neighborhood. Yeah I can hear it now, just shootem. First off it is a felony & second that is just ignorance talking. Those boys out gunned any Redneck paramilitary person I've ever know. We ended up just packing it up and leaving. They did keep the Gangsters out the Hood though.
JMO !

Last edited:
8Mud said:
Just to turn out an original thought or two, how about a couple of quarts of gas mixed with oil, then a call to the Fire Dept. (from a pay phone) "Car leaking gas in the parking lot", doubt they would turn out the whole firehouse, probably just send over the clean-up crew. I don´t know the going rate for the clean-up, but the last time I heard it, was around $300.
Learned a long time ago, the only way to deal with somebody, you can´t reason with, is to go right past discussion, through loud arguement, straight to drop a brick on his head.
One question though, why hassle the guy in the first place, everybody is trying to get by, one way or another, really, what are the cars actually hurting there. I try to ignore other peoples shortcomings, very few people will pass a rectoscopy without finding something stinky. Or in other words, if you climb up somebodies rear with a microscope, your sure to find something to complain about. Very few people are perfect.

Yeah, the problem with your suggestion is, it would only get rid of one car at a time and like I said earlier, there is no paper trail leading back to him... it's only us witnessing him dumping the cars, so he wouldn't be charged for anything.
The reason we said something in the first place is because he's making our parking lot look like a junk yard! Not to mention the fact that the whole scheme is most likely illegal.
Billy

i'm not defending the shitbag...but sounds to me like you had the problem first. sounds like he didn't do any direct damage to you or our property...until the breakage, at which time a call to the police for a report would have been appropriate...insurance and all.
in an apartment its a hard thing because you have things like this that come up, and unless you don't mind breaking the law you're gonna get pushed around until its time for the law to step in...and in too many cases they won't stick their neck out for you until there is some real damamge or death.
personally, i keep my nose out of other peoples affairs, even if they are breaking a minor law. I follow this approach because i like it when people mind their own business...start poking your nose over my fence and i'll cut it off...but i know in an apartment situation this is hard to ignore. if things get bad...the property owner can be sued, in which case he would have to pay for relocation, loss of work, and other incidentals...documentation and a lawyer is important at this point.

I somewhat agree with ignoring minor things but at the same time, I also hate it when people think that those minor laws that everyone is able to obey don't apply to them. We had a guy who was taking up 2 parking spaces with a pair of trucks that either didn't run or weren't registered. Both spaces were right up close to my apartment. I have an assigned spot but its at the other end of the complex. I usually park in it anyways but it sure is nice to be able to pull up in fornt of my apt to vacuum the interior or load/unload groceries/luggage/etc. One had a constant flat and the other just never moved. Both are nice. Ones a newer Ranger with 31s and the other is a 91 or so Chevy with a good lift and 35s. Finally a complaint to the manager got both moved in about 3 weeks. I just had to keep after her. I'd definitely say don't escalate the violence with this guy if he smashed your wife's window after one complaint. File a report with the police about that and make sure to let them know you feel threatened by this guy who now knows where you live and such. Fight back but keep it legal.

ECKSJAY said:
A common auto theft tactic is to park a stolen car in a remote location to see if it gets recovered within the first 24-48 hours. If it hasn't been recovered it's likely the vehicle doesn't have LoJack.

You free again this weekend ??? :D

ECKSJAY said:
Yeah but I'm driving this time, Grandpa. :wierd:

thats cool. I getta dress up as SUPERFLY this weekend....thanks !

superfly.jpg

but i digress....I think you looked better in the hat.;)

red91inWA said:
thats cool. I getta dress up as SUPERFLY this weekend....thanks !........but i digress....I think you looked better in the hat.;)
ECKSJAY said:
Alright, at least give me the fur coat back.
red91inWA said:
deal...but you get to sit in my lap again.....COOOOOL.
Do you two ever dress up like nurse/policeman? I knew you two were.....(?), but acting out your fantasies on a public forum?
5moulin.gif
:D

Back