• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snap On vs ...

LOL I've broken every Craftsman ratchet I've ever owned and never used a cheater bar on any of them. Maybe you need to try Harbor Freight. :D The quality coming out of Taiwan is pretty good these days. 15 years ago when I started buying Snap On the import stuff was generally still junk. Options today are better. Gear Wrench is often pretty well rated.

LOL I've broken every Craftsman ratchet I've ever owned and never used a cheater bar on any of them. Maybe you need to try Harbor Freight. :D The quality coming out of Taiwan is pretty good these days. 15 years ago when I started buying Snap On the import stuff was generally still junk. Options today are better. Gear Wrench is often pretty well rated.
You must have got some lemon's then. Not saying that craftsman is anything special. But I have had some craftsman sockets and ratchets for years and yet to break any of the ratchets. I have cracked a handful of sockets and adapters.
A few of the sockets could have been from "misuse", but that is what warranties are for, right?

You must have got some lemon's then. Not saying that craftsman is anything special. But I have had some craftsman sockets and ratchets for years and yet to break any of the ratchets. I have cracked a handful of sockets and adapters.
A few of the sockets could have been from "misuse", but that is what warranties are for, right?

Maybe or we bought at different times. The last ratchet I had from them was a 1999-2000 high chrome finish 3/8" drive. I have yet to break any of their sockets but I don't use them all that much. I am still using my Craftsman pliers, wire cutters, and hammers and I never found a reason to replace them.

Back