• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slow to Start? - Don't know what you don't know

BIG1RED9

NAXJA Forum User
Recently got a few miles on the Jeep. In all about 200 since I began to rebuild things, was on jack stands for 7 years. Making progress on the mechanical front. Want to make sure the 4.0 is starting as it should. My goal is a complete restoration not for show but to have as a solid, clean, sharp looking machine. Pretty will come later. I'm in my 60's and live in the mountains where snow can hit. Priorities are now it operating properly and reliability. Looks will come later. Funny how things changed since I was 20.:eeks1:

My starer is new and quick. To me the when turning over, there are 2 major sounds/tones. I get about 8 to 10 of these cycles in about 5 seconds before I hear any attempt to fire. It then comes to life. Typical? If not where do I look.

Enjoy the weekend, thank you!
Don

There are some years XJ that need to turn over longer via the starter before they fire,...I think the Renix version. You need to include the year of your XJ.

The moderators would move this thread if they think it is in the wrong forum.

Back