• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2015 Information and discussion thread

Most likely won't make this \= Have a family reunion in South Dakota about the same time frame. Not sure if my heep will have any lockers or be fully skided by then anyways.

I'm in this year for sure!

Yeah it is only five hours per map quest for me so it will take 7 in my rig.

Yeah it is only five hours per map quest for me so it will take 7 in my rig.

:roflmao::roflmao: I know the feeling. And wait 'till you start up the big incline between Prather to Shaver Lake. My heep can only maintain about 35 to 40 mph hoping not to over heat the whole time.

Freshly back in Cali, been looking for people in the bay area to wheel with, this looks like awesome times! I will be there.

:roflmao::roflmao: I know the feeling. And wait 'till you start up the big incline between Prather to Shaver Lake. My heep can only maintain about 35 to 40 mph hoping not to over heat the whole time.

Damn. Is the incline that rough? I've never been there before.

No clue but can it possibly be worse than the incline from Deer Valley to Slick rock?

It cant be that bad...

The grade is pretty steep and goes on for a few miles. The steepest grades on 50 and 80 in the Sierras i can drive in 4th gear and hold 55mph. The grade heading up to shaver about half way up I'm in 3rd gear and struggling to maintain 45. The twisty section near the top is worse since a lifted xj doesn't handle the turns well while maintaining a decent road speed. Don't be scared but plan on being patient, driving slow, and pull over to let people pass once the road gets to 2 lanes. Pushing your rig up the grade isn't something you want to do before a week long trail run.

The grade is pretty steep and goes on for a few miles. The steepest grades on 50 and 80 in the Sierras i can drive in 4th gear and hold 55mph. The grade heading up to shaver about half way up I'm in 3rd gear and struggling to maintain 45. The twisty section near the top is worse since a lifted xj doesn't handle the turns well while maintaining a decent road speed. Don't be scared but plan on being patient, driving slow, and pull over to let people pass once the road gets to 2 lanes. Pushing your rig up the grade isn't something you want to do before a week long trail run.

This will be interesting. I can barely go 35-40mph on the steepest parts of 80.

People drive slow on that road anyway, lots of boats and campers on the road. Just take your time, be sure to use the turn-outs and let people pass.

Ill try, my rig is such a dog that if I use a turnout I might get stuck going 20 mph up the rest of the way if I lose the momentum. Rig is heavy as hell and motor is tired.

Back