• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter roll call

Where in the Sierra Chapter do you live?

• Total voters
Well, had to leave the country for work, hence the delay in response...
But, as far as plans, I'm still trying to make up my mind.
1. Was thinking 35s but after lots of thought, 33s will treat me just fine and I won’t have to worry (too much) about running stock axle housings.
2. Since were talking axle housings, I just picked up an 8.25 from an '01 off craigslist the night before I left on "vacation" I plan on a refurb with new shafts and an OX locker for that.
3. I am also thinking of a nice big lift. Either 6.5 or 8, probably 6.5, I want to be super-flexy and the 6.5 should do it but the 8 will make the tires look too small, then of course I’ll have to upgrade tires and then the axles... so probably, maybe that eventually.
4. I know that a SYE is in order (cause of the lift), just deciding if I want to do the front drive shaft option from the JY or just buy a new one
5. Rock sliders and under body armor. Additionally one thing I was looking into was frame stiffeners. I want to roll with the doors off, but I can feel the body flex with them on, while only driving on the street! (I drive with my hand out the window, elbow resting with arm at 90* and apparently I place my fingertips between the door and door jamb because I can feel the void where they rest expand and collapse while I’m driving)
6. Winch, I’m a pretty independent kind guy. I plan on wheeling with a friend or with a group, I just need to know I can liberate myself from my own predicaments… lol
7. Bumpers, both front, to hold a winch and back for a spare tire.
8. Roof rack and enough aux lighting to kill a flock/gaggle/group (if that’s what they’re called) of vampires
I’m sure there is more, but I don’t want to hijack a thread, I’m a newb, can’t have everyone hating me yet… lol :wave1:

I am at about 5" & the 33s look small and is really
Not necessary. 6.5 and up is just slilly for 33 imo.

Get back safe and start a new thread, you will get plenty of opinions then.
Well, had to leave the country for work, hence the delay in response...
But, as far as plans, I'm still trying to make up my mind.
1. Was thinking 35s but after lots of thought, 33s will treat me just fine and I won’t have to worry (too much) about running stock axle housings.
2. Since were talking axle housings, I just picked up an 8.25 from an '01 off craigslist the night before I left on "vacation" I plan on a refurb with new shafts and an OX locker for that.
3. I am also thinking of a nice big lift. Either 6.5 or 8, probably 6.5, I want to be super-flexy and the 6.5 should do it but the 8 will make the tires look too small, then of course I’ll have to upgrade tires and then the axles... so probably, maybe that eventually.
4. I know that a SYE is in order (cause of the lift), just deciding if I want to do the front drive shaft option from the JY or just buy a new one
5. Rock sliders and under body armor. Additionally one thing I was looking into was frame stiffeners. I want to roll with the doors off, but I can feel the body flex with them on, while only driving on the street! (I drive with my hand out the window, elbow resting with arm at 90* and apparently I place my fingertips between the door and door jamb because I can feel the void where they rest expand and collapse while I’m driving)
6. Winch, I’m a pretty independent kind guy. I plan on wheeling with a friend or with a group, I just need to know I can liberate myself from my own predicaments… lol
7. Bumpers, both front, to hold a winch and back for a spare tire.
8. Roof rack and enough aux lighting to kill a flock/gaggle/group (if that’s what they’re called) of vampires
I’m sure there is more, but I don’t want to hijack a thread, I’m a newb, can’t have everyone hating me yet… lol :wave1:

good to have some new folks on here! nice to meet ya mike! post up your rig

Winnemucca, NV here 1995 XJ 5 inch lift 33s and lots and lots of other stuff but to keep this short i'll leave it all out :
photo.php

good to meet ya XJ archey thanks for posting up here man.

welcome!

Winnemucca, NV here 1995 XJ 5 inch lift 33s and lots and lots of other stuff but to keep this short i'll leave it all out :
photo.php

We like gorey details... and pictures! Welcome.

Jamestown ca here..first post after 3 years..

I got jeep buddies in Sonora

Xj's or other's? Club?

Re: Re: Sierra Chapter roll call

Jamestown ca here..first post after 3 years..

My jeep was given to me by a guy from your area. It was a grandpa truck that had hit a deer. I go up there to Cold Springs periodically.

Back