• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RWD V-8 Pontiac Sedan

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like Detroit is starting to pay attention and are bringing back the RWD sedan.

2008 Pontiac G8:

LS2 6.0 Liter V-8; 362 hp, 391 lb/ft

zg8.jpg

zg84.jpg

zg83.jpg

zg82.jpg

I dig it.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Looks like Detroit is starting to pay attention and are bringing back the RWD sedan.

2008 Pontiac G8:
LS2 6.0 Liter V-8; 362 hp, 391 lb/ft
Why wait for 08?
You can have a Charger, 300C, or Magnum now. V-8 5.7L 350 hp, 390 lb/ft (or 6.1L 425 hp, 420 lb/ft)

Wow...so GM is going to build ANOTHER Toyota Camry look alike.

I swear there isn't any originality in sedan's these days. Except for Chrysler. At least they make something different and cool.

IXNAYXJ said:
Correct. It will be built by Holden in Australia and is based off the Holden Commodore.

-----Matt-----

Read about it in one of the mag's last month. Holden got smart and designed the commodore with US standards in mind, so rather than having to reengineer the car to meet safety standards (ala the GTO), Pontiac can spend the money on making the car a little more exciting than the box on wheels that the GTO was.

It's still dissappointing that the "American" car manufacturers have to take their musclecar cues from the germans and the australians.

hell yes i dig it.

when i saw it it reminded me of that acura thats been out.

i like it alot though.

DrMoab said:
Wow...so GM is going to build ANOTHER Toyota Camry look alike.

I swear there isn't any originality in sedan's these days. Except for Chrysler. At least they make something different and cool.

chrysler is crap. did you notice the decline of the cherokee, and well jeep it self since they aquired AMC? no more jeep in 2020? i wouldnt be suprised. wranglers keep the company going.

all their new cars, magnum, charger, pt, caliber, nitro are all crap.

and as far as it looking like a toyota? ya okay.....

<yawn />

These NA stylists need to get over the Audi bubble top fetish and do some original work. As much as I hate to give cred to ChryCo, at least their stylists are doing original work for the most part.

Sorry, that style just strikes a nerve for me. Combination of not being terribly fond of it and seeing it copied way too much. It's not like it is particularly aerodynamically efficient. At least then there would be logic... other than "der Deutchen fanboy-ism".

Damn kids, you're emulating Audi for X-sake! Give your head a shake! Oh, and the BWM style fender "vent" is a nice touch too. <puke />

Don't get me wrong, I like German cars. I like original styling better.

Another car that was ruined was the Ford 500. Hello! Marauder! Some original style and the "X" page of the FoMoCo Motorsports catalog please.

But I digress...

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
chrysler is crap. did you notice the decline of the cherokee, and well jeep it self since they aquired AMC? no more jeep in 2020? i wouldnt be suprised. wranglers keep the company going.

all their new cars, magnum, charger, pt, caliber, nitro are all crap.

and as far as it looking like a toyota? ya okay.....
You must be a Ford lover. That would explain your supreme ignorance.

its a bit ugly, i'll admit that.

I've been waiting to get more Holdens in the US. I think they are amazing cars and are totally top notch. I bought a GTO in 04 and I loved the car for the two years that I had it. It had the balls of a corvette, the interior of a BMW and the looks of my grandmas 98 grand prix =(

Lets just say I did not buy the car for its looks... The car ran, and ran hard. I modded it and it only asked for more. That car pulled harder from 140-160 mph then most cars pull from 40-60

Back