• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Run June 27th

Umm, I was interested in going, but I just realized that is the weekend of the Toyota Rubithon. Technically the trail isn't closed, but......

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/rubicon-trail/1955106-2015-rubicon-trail-calendar.html

Rubithon is June 23 - June 28th.

There will be approximately 200 rigs on the trail with most of them traveling from Loon/WWS and out Cadillac on Sunday. There will be a significant number that will exit back out to Loon. I would expect a large impact on parking tow vehicles from Thursday-Sunday at Loon.

We have the Springs, Slabs, and Dirty Dozen reserved for the entire event, so there will be no availability there. There will be groups camping at Buck on Wednesday and Thursday night.

All of our Trails Leads have Hams, so you may want to give a shout out before you hit a known bottle neck or trouble area i.e. Cadillac. We will also have Medics on the trail each day, so if you are there and get injured, call out on the Rubi and you will be directed to where the medics are.

I have run the trail during the Rubithon before, not fun sitting and waiting for broken yota junk get off the trail. And if YOU break be prepared for a ton of grief coming your way.

Umm, I was interested in going, but I just realized that is the weekend of the Toyota Rubithon. Technically the trail isn't closed, but......

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/rubicon-trail/1955106-2015-rubicon-trail-calendar.html

I have run the trail during the Rubithon before, not fun sitting and waiting for broken yota junk get off the trail. And if YOU break be prepared for a ton of grief coming your way.

Holy crap 200 rigs with a significant number heading back out to Loon on Sunday.

Sounds busy.

Holy crap 200 rigs with a significant number heading back out to Loon on Sunday.

Sounds busy.

Shit.

We could just wheel to spider on friday and back out on saturday, and do the wentworth loop sat or sunday?
to avoid the traffic sunday?

with that many rigs finding camp spots might be interesting.

I have a friend who is a friend with the guy who bought all the land that runs along the con starting out at loon, its either 100 or 300 acres, he is actually one of my neighbors. Ill go talk to him to see if we can camp there.

Last edited:
We could just stage at the SMUD campground at union valley res. and do day runs, night runs too.

Hot showers and of course electricity. Not the normal roughing it but its pretty nice and 15 minutes from loon lake.

Maybe just make this the gold lake run. Going in on Thurs should give us little deer lake all to ourselves.

Yes we should use a smud camp site

Last edited:
Bump

SMUDEA Campgrounds with days runs......................YYYEEESSSS!! Let me check with my social director but I am in if the weekend is clear.

We are in, so tell Don to count in two more for the campgrounds Josh.

Will do but I need a count. We are filling up fast!

It will be great to see you Tim and Lisa too!

SO where are we at now with headcount

Me
Josh
Pat
Lou
Bill
Skipper

So I got lost reading this post. You guys are running the con on a day trip? Camping at a USFS campground at Union? I'm confused. What happened to all the yotas?

doing a few day trips into the con from the SMUD campground.

So I got lost reading this post. You guys are running the con on a day trip? Camping at a USFS campground at Union? I'm confused. What happened to all the yotas?

We will be at the SMUDEA comp grounds Thursday about 6pm.

For those who don't know the SMUD or SMUDEA campground is a SMUD owned campground for employees and guests, at Union Valley Res.

The camp is gated and you will need to be let in. I plan to be there Thursday at about 4. Please PM me if you need my cell number. The sign to the camp reads "Power Pines Campground"

Back