• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktoberfest

Maybe I'll bring my 150lb heater. YOGI BEARRRR

I WIN.

Got home about an hour ago due to some technical difficulties. Broke the rear passenger side axle shaft on the entrance ramp to the George Washington bridge lol

Ha nice. Glad ya made it alright fella

Got home about an hour ago due to some technical difficulties. Broke the rear passenger side axle shaft on the entrance ramp to the George Washington bridge lol

About damn time you broke something. Glad to hear you ***s made it back home.

Thanks to everyone who made this possible, it was a blast even without a Jeep!

So you are saying everyone get a free new puppy next year?
Can I get a puppy's weight in kittens instead? I feel it'll probably result in more even heat distribution.

Wish I'd made it but it just wasn't in the cards. Oh well, next year...

How the hell did you manage that? Dump clutch? Lol

Fml, just typed out a super long explanation and then lost it all. IM not typing that again.

Basically rear wheel bearing was shot, super heated the axle shaft, it broke on the on ramp to the GWB, AAA cant go on that road. I back it down the on road, replace the broken shaft with my spare, on the side of riverside drive. But I don't have a spare race and the wheel bearing is missing a roller, so I decided to wait for the tow truck. tow truck doesn't show up after 4 hours, I say **** it, YOLO, and drive home on the ****ed up shaft.

I made it home, but the jeep is un driveable past this point.

I should break down in NYC more often, it was coooOOOoooOoool

Made it home a few hours ago. Cant wait to go back!
1. To everyone who made this happen: you nailed it, period. Great turnout, great place, great dinner, GREAT EVENT ! Big thanks to all who made it happen.
2. The trails are insane. Tight, technical, and the scenery is really something. Some spots reminded me of Paragon, but waaay tighter. We had a blast!
3. Our apologies to everyone we didnt get a chance to say goodbye to when leaving, we just couldnt spend too much time seeking everyone out, wanted to get on the road.
4. A special thanks to Chris (Vetteboy) for your advice on the TappanZee route going home. We actually managed to cut off about an hour and a half taking that route, and cut our expected time there to about 6-7 hours...and it was easier running with a towrig going that route, made my life much easier.
5. We laughed all damn weekend. Priceless.
Rich

what happened on the highway after we raced It looked like you pulled over? jeep couldn't handle the fiesta?

Back