• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red River Chapter -The Rides of March - Roll Call!

Fronts ... I have been trying to buy a Backbone from Detours for months, but they are out of business I guess. i have talked to C-ROK, DPG, TNT, Baertrax, JCR, and others about fabbing me one. No one has the time. So i am reduced to making my own ... just got a metal press\pipe bender so i could make my own ... WAY over $275 now :( ... more like $6500 part now. With everything going on this weekend, i just don't have time to get everything done. All of the "bolt on" ones interfere with my steering reinforcement. i am almost prepared to buy the C4x4 ones and cut the tab and weld it to my steering brace to make it fit.

I'm actually more excited about this weekend right now with all the work we're doing over at Mike's place. I figure once I make it past that I'll realize just how much crap I still have to get ready before we roll on Friday and start to panic. :)

Join the club. And this weather isn't helping too much.
ITS FREAKING COLD OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!

Hah. 2 Inches? Thats baby snow! :) We got hammered here in DFW. Supposedly up to 9 inches in some places. I got about 4 or 5 where I live.

106_0720.JPG

Well it just started snowing here around an hour ago. They say we are supposed to get as much as you guys did before its over. I take the XJ out for a snow day!!

I wish it would snow down here. But that like once in every 6 to 7 years... if we are lucky.

Well the weather forcast have changed for Hot Springs. Friday and Sunday highs in low 60's with wind and rain on Sunday and on Sat. a high of 57.

1986XJIan said:
Yeah, Denton got like 5-6 inches.
It's kinda sad when you look at which of my vehicles I drove and which one stayed parked yesterday.

Heh. Lockers + Snow / Ice = BAD. My XJ stayed parked, too. :)

Kendrik said:
Heh. Lockers + Snow / Ice = BAD. My XJ stayed parked, too. :)

His XJ is stock. No lockers. And with all that snow no one could see his inspection sticker was out. But he told me his porsche made a nice snow plow... :laugh2:

8" at my place ... that was BEFORE the 2nd round came through.

Well we only got about 3 inches of snow this morning, and its all just about melted off already.

1986XJIan said:
Yeah, the front end of the little German car did a fine job of scooping up the snow in front of it. I thought I was gonna have to use the XJ to drag it into the driveway.

How? You don't have tow points. :laugh3:

My uncle is just outside of dallas (lousiville) and they got 7"

Back