• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rare cars in your town

Did you get a vulgar display of power from the Pantera?

How's about some RE.......SPECT........WALK, are you talkin' to me? :D

Here's the X600. Hope y'all didn't just eat........... :puke:

Weitz_X600

More pics here:

http://karakullake.blogspot.com/2010/02/john-wietzs-1979-camaro-conversion.html

32 Nash 1080 series convertible, one of handfull known to exist by the Nash Car Club of America. This was taken just after we dropped the body back on the restored chassis.

picture.php

Fished it will look like this, only a much better color.

picture.php

Last edited:
Had this pop up on our local Craigslist......

It's a 2001 and 1 of 16 Solar Yellow 2dr 4x4 XJ's produced. I'd say that's pretty rare....... wish I'd have had the funds to make it mine.

yellow01xj.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, you can still buy a restored or "new" Delorean:

http://www.delorean.com/

Apparently there were a lot of un-assembled parts left over after the collapse.

Found a pretty rare Jeep over the weekend.
(picks are link to full size image at photobucket)

Had this pop up on our local Craigslist......

It's a 2001 and 1 of 16 Solar Yellow 2dr 4x4 XJ's produced. I'd say that's pretty rare....... wish I'd have had the funds to make it mine.

yellow01xj.jpg

I've got one of those running around the town I live in. Never knew there was only 16 of that color/year made.

Local car dealer here has several cars that are rare. He had his green Mustang on display for a while was the same as the one in Gone in 60 seconds. That is one hot car IMHO.

Local car dealer here has several cars that are rare. He had his green Mustang on display for a while was the same as the one in Gone in 60 seconds. That is one hot car IMHO.
You mean Bullitt? Gone in 60 Seconds had a silver Shelby, Bullitt drove a Highland green fastback.

You mean Bullitt? Gone in 60 Seconds had a silver Shelby, Bullitt drove a Highland green fastback.

No I mean Gone in 60 seconds. Same car different color. He probably got it new in 67 or 68. He was the owner of the local ford Dealership till a couple years ago.

He probably got it new in 67 or 68. He was the owner of the local ford Dealership till a couple years ago.
Well...the car featured in the modern Gone in 60 Seconds isn't a real Shelby GT500, rather a modern interpretation. They were built by Unique Performance until they went bankrupt in '07.

Don't get me wrong, they do look cool, but it's not a 'real' car.

-Matt

No I mean Gone in 60 seconds. Same car different color. He probably got it new in 67 or 68. He was the owner of the local ford Dealership till a couple years ago.
Ah. I can't remember if it was supposed to be a GT500 or 350...
Well...the car featured in the modern Gone in 60 Seconds isn't a real Shelby GT500, rather a modern interpretation. They were built by Unique Performance until they went bankrupt in '07.

Don't get me wrong, they do look cool, but it's not a 'real' car.

-Matt
Hey, for me the badge or provenance doesn't matter, as long as it's fun. :D Besides, it's better to screw around with a fake than the real thing!

I don't know them personally but there is a guy here in Pacifica that has a real 66 Shelby Cobra, not a kit car. Someone else has a 70 Superbird (my dream car). My neighbor has a 69 427 COPO Chevelle and a guy down the street has a 68 Yenko Camaro.

Depends on the Elenore, the more recent movie car was inspired by the GT500 while the original Elenore was a '73 Mach 1 Mustang;)
...the car featured in the modern Gone in 60 Seconds...
That's what I said! The original 1974 version was a far better movie than the remake. If for no other reason that Nicolas Cage wasn't in it.

0409_sccp_01_z+1973_ford_mustang_eleanor+riding.jpg

-Matt

I forgot about the peach farmer in town that has his own car museum. Went looking in there today. He has a 45 WWII Jeep, 1930 ford truck, 1930 Model A, 1930 Lincoln, 50 something Hudson, several other cars from the early 60's and 50's and quite a few tractors too.

Back