• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random stalling issue. runs great, then just dies.

Ballast has been bypassed for years, pump itself is brand new, and fuel pressure is good.

ASD relay?

Relay is good. Tested it the other day.

talked to my Chrysler Tech father in law last night, and he agrees that it can't be much other than the ECU at this point, so we're throwing one at it tomorrow.

Didn't fix anything... same issue still.

Did that today, got the coil to test bad when warm.

Still didn't help.

Any chance the asd is getting warm and failing? I think I'm going to replace all the relays tomorrow. If that doesn't do it I think it's time for the dreaded shop

....... It'll be running just fine and dandy, then the rpms will dip really low, sometimes it will come back up, sometimes it just dies. Some:smoker: of the time I can catch it by giving it throttle, but sometimes even that doesn't work.......
.......fuel pressure is good......

Have you changed the fuel filter?
It's possible you have good fuel pressure but
inadequate fuel flow to keep it running...?

The fact you can catch the stalling with the throttle
indicates a fuel delivery problem.

I can only catch it sometimes. And only when cold. The IAC is working again now with the new ecu, and freshly refreshed sensor grounds. It catches itself better than I can now. But when it dies now, it's warm, not hot, and will die sooner and sooner the more I restart it, until all it does is crank, stumble, crank, stumble, then eventually not even stumble.

Filter was replaced fairly recently.

The next time you start it and it goes through the
stalling cycle, and won't start at all, try pulling a
plug and actually checking for spark.

That'll narrow it down as to whether it's loss of
fuel or spark...

One other thing that comes to mind is a faulty
ignition switch. Not likely, but possible.

Back