• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Failed Colorado Emissions high CO

Not sure on the type of rings but initially the O2 signal was pushing .9 to 1.2 and tripping the CEL and running open loop in the first 50 miles after that , it settled to the .7-.9 range. At that point i did drive it to work onthe highway 3 days in a row, 30 miles each way at around 2000 rpms. roughly 1200 feet decent/ascent.

Sounds OK. Do you know the Rebuilder? ATK etc. I am thinking your rings are still seating. Also, vary your RMPs. Might try some 'power pulls'. Running a 40 mph, accelerate to 70 mph in the 3K to 4K RPMs. On Ramps.

Sounds OK. Do you know the Rebuilder? ATK etc. I am thinking your rings are still seating. Also, vary your RMPs. Might try some 'power pulls'. Running a 40 mph, accelerate to 70 mph in the 3K to 4K RPMs. On Ramps.

Where I live, the last 10 miles i gain 1400' elevation. All of it has been in 3rd gear between 3k and 4k RPM.

What were the Ford injectors, I'm interested as to whether there was any cylinder washing?

What were the Ford injectors, I'm interested as to whether there was any cylinder washing?

I purchased them quite a few years ago, it seemed like the were direct replacements. I bought them for the 5 hole vs single. they never made any difference in fuel milage or anything. I put the stock ones back in and it did not change the O2 reading.

Back