• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ran Fordyce Creek Last Weekend!!!

GREATWHITEJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Where were all the XJs , I know about the deer valey run ,but out of all the rigs at Fordyce we had the only XJs , The trail is difficult but cmon!! That be said we had an awesome time . Our Cherokees did you all pround . With open Diifs and only 4.5" lifts we made it through . I have got 31" Mud Brutes and my Nephew did it on Toyo 235s ATs . We need some helpe getting up some of the more extreme sections . Rock stacking was neccesory ,but with a good spotter at are disposal we cleared some sections that were giving other more well equioped rigs a hard time. I have a ton of pictures but I a not sure how to post any. Do I need to be a Member ? I want to do the trail again with Rock sliders and Bumpers . So any one here want to put together something let me know.

You don't need to be a member to post pictures. Upload them to an image hosting site like photobucket. Then, when you're writing writing a message, click on the little picture of a mountain and paste the URL for the image. Let's see those pictures! And be sure to post up if you are going to do the trail again this summer. I may be interested.

I love that trail, it's a great one. Glad you got to run it.

I hope you unstacked all the rocks............... :)

[I hope you unstacked all the rocks............... :)/QUOTE]

With all the Crawlers in there ,Dont worry if you go in with a 4.5 " lift like me you will need to stack your own Rocks . Those big rigs made swimming pools out of every hole . Places were we might have picked a good linne became giant craters . Some of those Checkbook Jeepers Drive like a Bull in a China Shop. They just steer the wheel untill they get bite insted of chossing a logical line . They made some sections look a lot harder than they really were.

Nice photos, but you only ran part of the trail, you missed winch hill's 3, 4 and 5 and took the bypass to 1. Also time for some Tow Hooks, pulling on the front axle is not very smart at all.

This is my first trip off road ever ,so I think we did good, But there are always going to be critics. I was happy to get out were we did ,It was not fun driving without a charging system. Without sliders the Jeep Took a beating . I never intended on going as far as we did ,Our leader kept pushing us further into the trail until we reached a point of no return . If I had it to do over we would have turned back at the first MudHole . There wasnt any carnage at that point .

GREATWHITEJEEP said:
This is my first trip off road ever ,so I think we did good.

First trip and you go to Fordyce? :confused1

You did very good if you made it to Commity Crossing and then got it home!

Letterman said:
Nice photos, you missed winch hill's 3, 4 and 5 and took the bypass to 1.
We did go around Drive Line , and we also went arount the spot that the Toyota broke his leaf spring ,But there were two other hills that were very tough, We were too busy working to take pics of . If there are some rougher parts to the Trail I am happy we Skipped them !!

GREATWHITEJEEP said:
This is my first trip off road ever ,so I think we did good, But there are always going to be critics.

Its sound advice, not criticism. Glad you had a good time and thanks for the pics!

Back