• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: HID Retrofit

Messed around with new shrouds, still trying to figure out what I want to use before I seal everything up.

IMG_9121.jpg

IMG_9120.jpg

I gotta say you sure are putting a lot of work into getting those bad boys in there just right. Now that you've figure out the hard part so to speak, how quick do you think you could turn around another set? And, do you think it would be worth your time to try to produce them for sale?

I'm not too worried about the header panel, I did some measurements beforehand and everything SHOULD fit just right. Although I've always been a fan of the measure once cut twice mentality.

Bigalpha not quite sure what you mean by how the shrouds are working? They fit fine, look decent, and block any scattered light, so I guess they're doing they're job.

Would it be profitable to make another set? HELL NO. There's way too much time involved to even attempt to market a few sets of these. That being said. When these are complete, I will be starting on another set. And I'll post these up in the for sale section ;)

Oh I meant bitter as you sent your lights out to get retro'd by someone else ($$), AND you had to vacuum form the LED bezel lol.

.......Waiting.

For anyone looking at ordering a kit from theretrofitsource.com stay away from there Morimoto bulbs and ballasts!!! It's been over 6 months since I did my retrofit and have had nothing, but problems with there bulbs and ballasts

Dan, i sent you a PM appreciate the help

Oil town

hello,

I'm attempting the same projector retrofit job with rampage aluminum housings and the Morimoto Mini kit.

I'm collecting info from various members on the problems they faced and their approach, and of course read with great interest this post

so was your approach the same?

how did you fit the projector assembly to the headlight from the glass side and seated that oval rear shape on the chrome side of the casing somehow or as dan did and seated the whole assembly from the rear of the headlight with only the lens going through?

I saw you mention problems with the morimotos bulbs and ballasts, like what?

I gotta say you sure are putting a lot of work into getting those bad boys in there just right. Now that you've figure out the hard part so to speak, how quick do you think you could turn around another set? And, do you think it would be worth your time to try to produce them for sale?

Grimm.... hit me up, I have been doing these for the Bronco guys for about a year now.

Yup. Errrrr..... kinda. The retro was completed, just not for my Jeep :) I ended up switching priorities to finish an ongoing project. This in turn cannabalized one of the projectors.

Here's where it ended up. And no, that is NOT a GSXR 1k for those of you that know about bikes ;)

photo-172.jpg

photo-173.jpg

How she looked before.
IMG_9174.jpg

Don't worry, I'll start back up on the Jeep's lights pretty soon.

Back