• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please share photos of your cargo area.

Do you play a lot of Tetris?

No need it's an easy pack with the drawer and the shelf over the fridge. There are three bags and 2 10lt jerries (of water) above the drawer along with my daughters camp chair, tripod and flyscreen for the awning. The cargo barrier also makes it much easier to pack to the roof.

IMG_0811.jpg

Cheers
Steve

The platform is a glavanised steel frame with a ply wood top, it just attahces to the cargo barrier with hose clamps and uses chain (covered with heatshrink so it doesn't rattle) and turnbuckles to attach to the child seat restraint (this will take a high load and was conveniently placed).

IMG_0721.jpg

There's also an inverter (600W with 1200W startup) mounted under the shelf.

IMG_0800.jpg

The whole thing just did 9000km with around 3000km on dirt/corrugations with no issues at all other than me having to tighten the turnbuckles and lock them in place with the nuts on them as I forgot to do that when I first put it in (a few days before I headed off)

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Steve

I decided to remove my tool box due to space. I needed to fit my Dog Kennel in the back and the kennel takes up the entire cargo area. So I took two ammo box's and welded them together and cut and folded one side to make it fit the contour of the wheel well. The box fits a bottle jack, 4 tie downs, Hi Lift Jack wheel lift, flash light, tire plug kit, small tow strap, road reflector, and one pack of JB Weld. I can also fit a large 50ft tow strap and army shovel behind the box. I had relocate the wires for the hatch and tail light. Now I can carry some stuff and the Dog Kennel and still be able to get the box out with the Dog Kennel inside.

This is badass. I was thinking of doing something similar. Nice work!

The platform is a glavanised steel frame with a ply wood top, it just attahces to the cargo barrier with hose clamps and uses chain (covered with heatshrink so it doesn't rattle) and turnbuckles to attach to the child seat restraint (this will take a high load and was conveniently placed).

IMG_0721.jpg

There's also an inverter (600W with 1200W startup) mounted under the shelf.

IMG_0800.jpg

The whole thing just did 9000km with around 3000km on dirt/corrugations with no issues at all other than me having to tighten the turnbuckles and lock them in place with the nuts on them as I forgot to do that when I first put it in (a few days before I headed off)

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Steve

Your set-up looks like it took some planning. I'm planning mine too so seeing yours was very helpful! Anything you wish you woulda done differently?

Your set-up looks like it took some planning. I'm planning mine too so seeing yours was very helpful! Anything you wish you woulda done differently?

I wouldn't change anything, I'm really happy with the amount of useable space the drawer gives and the extra space I get with a shelf over the fridge.

Cheers
Steve

Here is mine atm:

DSC04007.jpg

Left side green bag is screwdrivers, pliers, hammers and specialty tools.

Right side green bag is wrenches and sockets.

Backpack has recovery gear, electrical kit.

Left side milk crate is fluids/funnels.

Right side milk crate is a large army pouch carrying belt, hoses, clamps, rtv, spare u-joints, t-stat, and tire kit. There is also some PB blaster, air attachments, grease gun, gear oil.

I really like Ocean Jet's set up. It is simple enough to work with my current "system", and as I add trail spares and air/electric tools (OBA and 2000w inverter planned), it will all come together well and easily for me.

That spares rack is pretty slick dood!

Back