• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please share photos of your cargo area.

Looks nice, but I'm not going to build a box to take up the entire cargo area.

Just looking for simple ideas for drive shafts and axle shafts...I have nothing behind the front seats other than cage tubes (and a tool bag, a small spares etc bag, and a fluids bag). Maybe a box just big enough to fit the shafts (that's right)?

Those mortar boxes aren't long enough...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244618674&postcount=43

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200223524_200223524

16320_lg.jpg

I like that, nice and compact :thumbup:

The winch-less daily driver recovery setup. My box has a 50' 30k strap, 10' chain, a tree hugger, gloves, and a couple D-rings. The come-along is a Harbor Freight 8k special. It's slow but at least I can get out if I am out alone. I'll loose the come-along once I get my bumper finished and winch mounted.

IMG_4453.jpg

It's just my $0.02, but I shiver when I see heavy stuff like come-a-longs, toolboxes and high lifts secured by bungee cords. The hooks on those things are a cheap grade of paper-clip and the cording not much better. At least step up to rubber tarp straps (check for dry-rot please) or invest in some small ratchet straps or motorcycle tie-downs.

Ratchet straps have so many uses I consider them as part of my tool kit anyhow. Keeper makes some of the best. Chinese cheapies aren't worth the packaging they come in.

It's just my $0.02, but I shiver when I see heavy stuff like come-a-longs, toolboxes and high lifts secured by bungee cords. The hooks on those things are a cheap grade of paper-clip and the cording not much better. At least step up to rubber tarp straps (check for dry-rot please) or invest in some small ratchet straps or motorcycle tie-downs.

Ratchet straps have so many uses I consider them as part of my tool kit anyhow. Keeper makes some of the best. Chinese cheapies aren't worth the packaging they come in.

na, that's a good point. They don't move around at all when I wheel or daily drive but ya never know in an accident or something. I'll get some real tie-downs and sort that out.

Okay, you guys will finally be happy. The gasket around my fuel pump was leaking so I had to drop the hitch, skid and tank to replace it. While it was down, I installed my heavy duty tie downs.

aefc684b-6296-9181.jpg

aefc684b-62b7-c0a5.jpg

aefc684b-62d0-e70d.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cargo area in use.

IMG_6336.jpg

I likey. Do we have any detail pics with it not in use? I did not look through the whole thread, but a quick glance, and I didn't see any.
Thanks!

A few more including while under construction. These are all I have. Any specific questions I may be able to answer.
100_2571.jpg

jeep042-1.jpg

jeep037-3.jpg

jeep031-2.jpg

nice box. what type of plywood did you use?

Thanks,

Birch, 5/8" and then added marine spar finish. Glued and countersunk, screwed with the exception of the top which is screwed and L-bracketed down.

Bolted through the stock hold down mounts with fender washers. 300lb slides. I added a bottle opener and a magnet. Have inverter built in as well as 12v receptacles for the fridge and other accessories.

nice box.

x2. I like that design a lot, simple and very useful. How tall is it? I like the variety of "stuff" you can fit in the drawers:cheers:

00523071.jpg

This is my "urban" :D cargo area. Had to make some obvious tradeoffs in the depth of the bays but it works. The top is covered in bedliner

I decided to remove my tool box due to space. I needed to fit my Dog Kennel in the back and the kennel takes up the entire cargo area. So I took two ammo box's and welded them together and cut and folded one side to make it fit the contour of the wheel well. The box fits a bottle jack, 4 tie downs, Hi Lift Jack wheel lift, flash light, tire plug kit, small tow strap, road reflector, and one pack of JB Weld. I can also fit a large 50ft tow strap and army shovel behind the box. I had relocate the wires for the hatch and tail light. Now I can carry some stuff and the Dog Kennel and still be able to get the box out with the Dog Kennel inside.

Last edited:
Back