• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help! Looking for my first XJ in NOCO area!

Buy this red one.

20171114160216-dd73be8f-xl.jpg

Contact info and more pics?

Gross? LOL, that's kinda harsh.......... :laugh:

But yeah, we warned ya. Hopefully you got a screaming deal and have a very rare '97 that didn't get the gremlin option.

I always stay skeptical of rigs that go for sale after just having replaced the radiator and water pump....... generally means it's got overheating issues and could be pointing toward a head gasket having gone bad or a cracked head (although not usually a big problem with '97's). I hope you gave it a good drive and ensured it doesn't overheat.

Beyond that, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you and hope you get miles of smiles out of your new to you XJ!

Bunch of Debbie Downers..LMAO!!! Other JX groups say 97 gremlins isn’t worse than any other year. It has supposedly the better 8.25 axel and better head? It already has headers and after cat exhaust. If it has a new radiator and pump maybe they FIXED THAT GREMLIN?? Hahahaha! We will see how it does... I just bashed on it for 125 Miles in the forest with no issues. Never got over 200degs. At 70mph or crawling in low range. No it’s not perfect, but it’s solid and ran flawless. I think my first upgrade will be a SYE, slight vibration at 35-40 mph. I do know I’ll NEVER put LED mall-crawler lights on it... lol. Thanks guys! Let’s see how long I can run the Gremlin.... maybe that’s what I’ll name it.

If you need help with the sye I can help. The 97 8.25 might be the 27 spline instead of the good 29 spline.

If you need help with the sye I can help. The 97 8.25 might be the 27 spline instead of the good 29 spline.

That could be? How much to buy the SYE and have you put it in? Lol I can pay in beer & Pizza or whatever... I only payed $2800 for it so... I know I can upgrade stuff as I go. The rear bumper HAS to go! It’s one solid piece of rust! After a SYE and a bummer I might do a Aussie lunch box in the rear, then fix the paint... this might take a couple years... as toy funds are cash only... aaaannnd I have another money hole.... a Boat... lmao. I have expensive hobbies... let’s not start on guns....

Thanks guys!

Yikes, I did not notice the considerable body rust in the other photo.

I have high standards, it's a known thing. :gee:

Yeah me too... lol it’s on the doors only... I’ll get it fixed at some point. But fer the $, it’s gtg. I’ve had Dirtbikes that cost over $7g... I’m changing spending habits.... to a point lol. I know you don’t buy a jeep to save $$... lol

yella is being gentle... his usual response for 97's is "kill it. kill it with fire.":flame:

There is nothing wrong with the mechanical systems on a 97, its the electrical gremlins. Bad, even for a jeep. Good luck though! :cheers:

yella is being gentle... his usual response for 97's is "kill it. kill it with fire.":flame:

There is nothing wrong with the mechanical systems on a 97, its the electrical gremlins. Bad, even for a jeep. Good luck though! :cheers:

Yeah, lol. Everything works as it should right now, windows. Climate control. Gauges. If everything goes to hell I will just sell it and buy a different one LOL. But for $2800 I couldn’t pass up on this one !

Back