• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pickapart saturday

i think i'm gonna hit the one on the east side since it's closer to my house. time is limited on saturday because we're having a b-day party for my 4 year old daughter. i'll probably be standing there waiting for them to open at 8am.

here's what they have at the moment...

2 - 1987
1 - 1989
1 - 1991
1 - 1995

In '97 they stopped being boxy right? Like this:

11-5079-01.jpg

Yep. Thanks

spent around 5-6 hours at pulla part, pretty good selection, got illiana's taillight. didnt see one t-case skid though. me and goslowgetstuck had the luck of the irish, niether of us had a hub socket but someone allready tore the knuckles off a d30 so all we had to do was pull them out. i dont know how many xjs they had down there but it was well over 10.
my goods list.
gorgeous center console
real guages, no mo idiot lights
rear hatch latch, got my trunk back
D30 shaft spares
8.25 29 spline spares
found a 93 owners manuel looks like its never been opened, no greasy fingerprints in it
stock cassette player
illianas tail light

its really a nice place, next time im bringin my english to spanish dictionary though.

it was a good time, they had a sign up that they were hiring, if i could get first robbing of things that came in there they wouldnt need to pay me. we just need to get a spy in there to alert us to new xj arrivals. im sure i'll be going back between now and WF so if there is something you need let me know and ill try and dig it up for ya, or if you get bored and find your way here let us know and we can revol in the glory that is junkyard.( bad thing is alot of the xjs there were alot cleaner than mine.)

Good times all around, I'll probably try to make it back one more time before WF. We did strike gold with the D30 half shafts since neither of us brought a 36mm socket (doh). Since I have a disco D30 and the shafts were from a non-disco I let redneckguy0404 take them, next time I go I might get some more non-disco shafts and make the swap. Got a header panel, grille, headlights, might have a halfway-decent looking Heep before WF.

Overall very impressed with the Pic-A-Part, they didn't have a record of what vehicles were where (like Pull-A-Part has) but the selection was a lot better and the vehicles weren't as picked over. I'll definitely get a thread going next time I'm heading down!

spent around 5-6 hours at pulla part, pretty good selection, got illiana's taillight. didnt see one t-case skid though. me and goslowgetstuck had the luck of the irish, niether of us had a hub socket but someone allready tore the knuckles off a d30 so all we had to do was pull them out. i dont know how many xjs they had down there but it was well over 10.
my goods list.
gorgeous center console
real guages, no mo idiot lights
rear hatch latch, got my trunk back
D30 shaft spares
8.25 29 spline spares
found a 93 owners manuel looks like its never been opened, no greasy fingerprints in it
stock cassette player
illianas tail light

its really a nice place, next time im bringin my english to spanish dictionary though.
Hey Baxter ... is this the one Aaron ask you to pick up for me? If so, let me know how much I owe ya.

Les

provided she works, it was like 5 bucks. i'll bring it with me on my next trip back home.

Hopefully it does ... no matter, I appreciate you taking the time to get it.

Les

Did anyone hit the 16th St yard? The last times I was there, they had 6 or 8 XJs (1 99 4cyl, rest 95 and older), and they were all pretty well stripped of good parts- I've been trying to find some good seats for a year now, but they didn't have one decent seat in the place. Anyway, where's this place on the east side? May have to hit that place when the weather improves.

i went to the pull-a-part saturday. didn't get anything much. got some tow hooks off a trooper, and 2 other sets of tow hooks off a couple of S-10 blazers. i'm going to try to make them work on my XJ somehow.

Did anyone hit the 16th St yard? The last times I was there, they had 6 or 8 XJs (1 99 4cyl, rest 95 and older), and they were all pretty well stripped of good parts- I've been trying to find some good seats for a year now, but they didn't have one decent seat in the place. Anyway, where's this place on the east side? May have to hit that place when the weather improves.

The 16th st place (Pic-A-Part) is where we went. I was at Pull-A-Part out near Massachusetts Ave a couple weeks earlier. Pic-A-Part's selection was a lot better and the vehicles weren't as picked over in my opinion. Interior stuff is tough since it's sitting out there in the elements and whatnot.

There was a white XJ at the pic-a-part that was in fantastic shape. It got T-boned on the driver's side, but the interior looked great. It was a 91-96 (can't remember exact year), I'm not sure which years are compatible for seats but I think it would work great for you. It looked like a recent addition to the lot.

im pretty sure the white one(rendevous point) was a 93 since thats what year the manuel was i got out of it with 200,993.5 miles, since the gauges from it are in mine. and the console, and the woodgrain dash. they had quite a few xjs there, some toward the back were pretty picked over but some were nice. next time i go i'll try and get pictures and get them on here so a guy could look and see if they had what he wanted. just sucks they wont tell you when you call what they have.

Well, as it turns out 89 was the last year of the non C-clip D35, and I pulled shafts from a 93 or something like that, so now I have two C-clip axle shafts that I can't use. Weak. Will be bringing them to WF, ideally would trade for some non C-clip shafts ;)

Back