• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NYC Sanitation Engineers

Talk about idiots.........:dunno:

If it didn't before, it does now.

Un-effin-believable! To call these guys incompetent would be an insult to incompetents everywhere.

I gather from other sources that part of the problem was that NY sanitation workers took advantage of this storm to stage a slowdown to protest layoffs. Boy am I glad I don't live in New York!

News articles are claiming a deliberate union slowdown on clearing the snow to protest layoffs.

Big deal, they destroyed a city vehicle. It shouldn't have been parked there. Who on here has actually ran a loader like that?

4 minutes and 2 seconds of my life I can't get back! I can't beleive I watched the whole thing.

The biggest idiot in the video was the one taking it

I have. He did it wrong, plain and simple.
Use the loader to walk it out..

Big deal, they destroyed a city vehicle. It shouldn't have been parked there. Who on here has actually ran a loader like that?

Really, In the snow?, easier said than done

I've run one and that "city vehicle" was paid for by tax payer money.

See, that's why I enjoy living where I live... We don't have to worry about stuff like that around here.

People would have been shot for doing that here.

Plus, people have more respect here.

Would it have not made more sense to pull it out from the other direction? There were SO many more things they could have done rather than trashing a vehicle. If they were doing that to protest a layoff then they sure as hell don't have to worry about it anymore...

Last edited:
Par for the course for "loud mouth yanks" to heckle and talk shit to people on the street...

That's just normal there. Here (as well as other places) people will just kick your ass or shoot you.

I thought it was hilarious myself.

So now I'm a bit confused. Do people here think that a person seeing that from his window should not have taken a video? That people on the street should have simply turned their heads and shut up? I know it's New York, the land of "don't get involved," but it seems reasonable when you see something like this to make a bit of fuss.

So now I'm a bit confused. Do people here think that a person seeing that from his window should not have taken a video? That people on the street should have simply turned their heads and shut up? I know it's New York, the land of "don't get involved," but it seems reasonable when you see something like this to make a bit of fuss.

He could have called the police.

The biggest idiot in the video was the one taking it

x2

The clown in the window anticipated the damage with "they signal each other just before..." but failed to take action to prevent damage and continued on filming for his 15 minutes of fame on you-tube. If he was a member he would be nominated.

Last edited:
Back