• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Picture of the day

aa9b0fe43f967f858f1eafcc99e87c9f.jpg

We were loading up our cars at the old abandoned Bull Run Powerhouse after kayaking on Bull Run yesterday. The caretaker came out to shoot the breeze, and she started giving us some of the history of the place. I asked if she would show us around, and she graciously did. It was like stepping back in time.

112c4ad69c8cd7b065387b73e5b71b60.jpg

not so much the struts jeeps only lifted 4" I'm 6' 5". you can ask anyone who has gone wheeling with me I hit my head on the hatch at least once a trip :doh:

id dig being able to hang stuff right off the back hatch, rear ladder into a rooftop tent would be cool too. Plus you would NEVER have to buy hatch struts again. for the work, not worth it. There must have been some kicker for him to pull the trigger on that mod.

Bronze.

1f61b7dd7e7c3debe8966f33492dcce8.jpg

Have you guys been to this place?! "Crawlers Pub" in Sandy. What a fun concept! The football game was on, great beers on tap, and $10/hr for an RC buggy. Well worth a visit.

aa9b0fe43f967f858f1eafcc99e87c9f.jpg

We were loading up our cars at the old abandoned Bull Run Powerhouse after kayaking on Bull Run yesterday. The caretaker came out to shoot the breeze, and she started giving us some of the history of the place. I asked if she would show us around, and she graciously did. It was like stepping back in time.

112c4ad69c8cd7b065387b73e5b71b60.jpg

Is there part of bull run that's open to the public?

Yes. We put in where Bull Run Rd crosses the river. That's where the powerhouse is. We take out at Dodge Park at the confluence of the Sandy and Bull Run. It's only about 1.5 miles long, but it contains 7 or 8 good class 3-3+ rapids. This section is below where they divert drinking water, and is the only accessible section. We usually either do several laps on this, or like last weekend, do it once after biking at Sandy Ridge.

Back