• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NON XJ - SOLAR ! ! !

CherokeeNewbie

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I wanted to throw my name out. If any of you guys are looking for solar let me know and I will do my best for the NAXJA guys. I sell the parts and pieces (panels, inverters, full system kits, etc) Our company also has installation teams so if you dont know how to do it yourself I can get you install as well. I figured any discount is good and any referral is good so this post will work both ways. Let me know.

I LOVE IT

I have never pictured it in that way but I think there might be some sponsorship money in there HAHAHAH

house. I have access to solar rv chargers but we specialize in home or commercial

most panels have a 30 year lifespan if you take care of them. old systems had a huge battery bank that was the never ending replacement pain in the wallet. now they redirect current back into the grid. (no more battery bank needed) you use the same power supply, but you get to sell back what you make with your panels. on average it would take about 20-30 years to make it worth it. depending on usage. for younger folks i think it is a good way to go.

2Stix, that is a great start. way off on the return on investment though, As you stated most panels do have a life span of 30+ years. Panels actually have a 25yr warranty on them so you are GUARANTEED for at least 25yrs. As far as your 20-30 years to make it worth it, WAY WAY OFF. The average return on investment is 5-7yrs not 20-30. If you had a 20-30 yr return on investment nobody would be doing it. The return on investment depends on a lot of factors but will never be 20-30 years. The federal government offers a 30% tax credit right now so how much taxes you pay will affect how much your system costs, also all the utility companies (SDG&E, SCE, etc) offer rebate programs so depending on what are you live in you will get another chunk of change back from that. County of Riverside customers have another program to take advantage of that can save you money from the very first day of install. Lots of things go into determining your system cost and return on investment but NEVER 20-30 YEARS

Question...

As someone who uses ~$150 or less a month in power, would the change to solar be worth it? Isn't there a lifespan of the panels? At what rate do they pay for themselves rather than spending more than you would on electricity?

CrazyJim,

the size of your system directly reflects the size of your utility bill so the return on investment stays about the same 5-7yrs just the actual cost changes, I also sell just the parts and you can find a friend to help you install, then your return on investment would be 3-5 yrs because you save the money on labor.

well my estimates are on older pricing when a system for a typical home that spends $150 a month would end up costing the customer about 35 - 40 k (after govt rebate). 20 years is 240 months. 240 x $150 = $36000.
what is the average price for a single familys home system now?
i am not trying to be an ars, this was just what i had researched years back. heck i wish i did have solar on the house. i have it on my 5th wheel and absolutely love it. if the final cost has gotten that low, i will start looking into it again.

Last i heard it was around the 50 grand mark.This to was a few years ago(5or6), but i now have a NEW home and my elec bill is high when it hits 150.I live in Palm Springs CA.Heat load here is high on a home.But my house stays at 76 during the summer.

Well to break down simple numbers for an example

Average residential system 5kw
Our average sale price is 5.50/watt
5.00 x 5000 watts - 25,000
SCE rebate is at .65/watt so 3,250
Federal tax credit of 30% so 8,250
Total system cost of 13,500
13,500 / 150 per month
7.5 year return on investment at todays electric rates
We also take into account that from 1970 to 2011 SCE increased an AVERAGE of 6.5% PER YEAR. Thoes are hard facts that anyone can look up. Thats where we come up with 5-7 yr return on investment.

Ya prices dropped like crazy mid 2011, leveled out since then. Remember guys I wasn't trying to sell anyone. I'm not even a residential sales rep I just figured if anyone on here was looking I might as well try to save you guys some money. I do sell the parts and kits to do your own install if you know how. Way, way cheaper to do it that way if you are handy

yes sir,

diy guys still get all the rebates in incentives. My company will even help you file the paperwork because that is not fun, trust me.

Back