• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nitrocharger Sport?

srmitchell

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys. I've had the Old Man Emu Nitrochargers now for 6 years, and well over 45,000 hard miles. Lots of offroad, and no sway bars. These things are beat.

I'm getting some money back from Jeepinoutfitters for a return... Now is the time for new shocks.

Who runs the new OME Nitrocharger Sports?

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2350#.UzrQmPldUQM

I was also considering some Bilstein 5160's up front, and 5100's rear, but the total cost for that set up would be over $540. (Versus 400ish for the OME's!) And I do like my current, although worn Nitrochargers. Anyone?

The subject-
3.5 inch Rubicon Ex lift with RC long arms.

13515424625_8bd0a20232_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Columbus

I know nothing about EMU shocks but I think you'd be better off with some bistein 7100's up front & rear, they/re rebuildable and you can change the valving if needed.

If you liked your OME's the Sports are supposed to perform better.
So, 400$ including your refund or after?
Maybe do the Resi up front (if you think you need it) and OME sport in the rear? OME non sport are pretty much on par with 5100's.
5160's are basically a non consumer rebuildable version of the 7100.

I have the newer OME Sports, they are a tad harsh in town for my taste. I thought they would have been a bit softer. On county roads and the highway they are fine. Although I suppose it depends on everyone's unique taste and experience .... my buddy with a 3" procomp lift thinks mine rides like a dream...

I went from my original nitrochargers to 7100s up front. Really liked those and you can specify the valving to fit your spring rate and type of wheeling. I never ended up changing the OME's in the rear, but maybe do 5100s out back.

Back