• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Jeep Renegade

XJLI

NAXJA Forum User
Fiat 500X based, 4WD ONLY, diesel, 9spd auto, trailhawk/trail rated package available, prob low-mid 20s for a decently spec'd one. i'd buy it.

19hathei92w0vjpg.jpg

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2015-...eed-diesel-cute-ute-1535164448/@matthardigree

Discuss.

Well I'm not completely disgusted so I guess it's better than the new Cherokee.
The side windows look funky to me, also is that junk really going to be on the RPM gauge lol. Otherwise it's likeable.

Last edited:
it looks like a nissan cube mated with a liberty. not a fan.

Lol no way you can't compare that to the nastyness that is the nissan cube.

i'll put it in the fat girls and mopeds file. fun to ride but you don't want people to see you with it.

It has the same bumper design as the KL cherokee... Except where the KL has headlights, this DRL's I imagine.

Not too bad. Kinda weird, but I'll be stoked when I get to do a pre-delivery inspection on one!

I'm curious as to why people are more accepting of this re-design than the new Cherokee - It looks just as quirky.

It makes me wonder if they had given the Cherokee a different name, if it would've received a better reception.

Expedition Portal says no diesel or manual tranny for the US. Surprise surprise.

We get the choice of the 1.4 Multi-air turbo or the 2.4, both from the Dart. Both very good engines.

i read that, and got said. jalopnik said 6 spd is available with the 1.4. this platform has something like 30 compatible engines. i guess we will have to wait for the official announcement...

This thing is a XJ almost exactly.

Renegade:
8.1" of wheel articulation
8.7" of ground clearance
30.5º approach angle
25.7º degree breakover angle
34.3º degree departure angle
19" inches of water fording
101.2" wheelbase
166.3" length
64.2" height

XJ:
Wheelbase = 101.4"
Overall length = 165.3" - 168.8"
Overall width = 67.9" - 70.5"
Track = 58"
Height = 64" (with roof rack 66.8")
Ground clearance from differentials = 7.3" (Upcountry = 8.3")
Approach angle = 37.6º - 38º
Departure angle = 31º - 32.1º
Breakover angle = 21º - 21.9º

Wow it really looks shorter, that's cool.

Back