• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New addition to the arsenal

2offroad said:
I want to get another .308, but I don't know if I want a FN, H&K, or Gailil (sp).

I'm pining for the JLD Enterprises PTR91 Kurz para. I get a stiffie for HKs but can't afford a real one. :D

ptr91-kpf.jpg

ECKSJAY said:
I'm pining for the JLD Enterprises PTR91 Kurz para. I get a stiffie for HKs but can't afford a real one. :D

ptr91-kpf.jpg

They have a PSG-1 at the shop where I bought my SA-58.They only want $11,000 for it :shocked:

All of mine are disposable....

Very nice Jeff. I was thinking that I might have to come down and see it in person when we have the 2nd quarter meeting. Maybe I will try to spend that entire weekend in the springs.

dphillips said:
I love shooting the FN, but it's like having to lug around a cinder block when you compare it to my AR-15.
If I would stop spending money on my jeep I could afford more guns. I'm trying to save some money for one of the new Sprinfield XD's.
you may want to reconsider the XD. was in my favorite gun shop sat. and asked to look at on in .40 the guy said if your shooting ball rounds its fine but they have had several returned because it wouldnt cycle the hp rounds. but that is the first time i have heard that so ask around on some gun boards before you buy.

mylt1 said:
you may want to reconsider the XD. was in my favorite gun shop sat. and asked to look at on in .40 the guy said if your shooting ball rounds its fine but they have had several returned because it wouldnt cycle the hp rounds. but that is the first time i have heard that so ask around on some gun boards before you buy.

First I've heard of it, too.

Can never go wrong with a Glock, however. ;)

mylt1 said:

I don't like XDs. Take a $200 gun, slap the Springfield name on it and viola....$500 gun. Also, I think they are dog-balls ugly.

Having said that, I know several people that own XDs, have shot a few myself, and run several dozen students who were shooting XDs through pistol courses. I've yet to see a malfuntion that wasn't shooter-induced.

I have NEVER heard that XDs, regardless of caliber, are finiky when it comes to HP ammo.

Go over to AR15.com and ask that question in the handguns forum. Just be sure to duck.

BC

Here's my latest. It’s a Swiss K31. Barrel like new. Fires the 7.5 x 55 Swiss cartridge. It's actually a .30 caliber round with a muzzle velocity of around 2600 fps. It has very similar ballistics to a .308 Win. I took it to the range yesterday and fired a little under a 2" group at 100 yards. I'm sure I can do better. I’m still getting used to it.

DSCN0239.JPG

Back