• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep likes to die

My battery is fine.

It happened twice again yesterday.

Whats a good way to checked for spark with having that PITA coil assembly?

How do I check the CPS?

And how many rounds of 5.56 should I put in the engine bay? 900, or an even 1k?

what i WANT is a 40mm cannon... what i HAVE (or have access too through a friend [because guns are bad and I surely dont have any of my own]) is a 5.56 rifle. See how that works?

But really, Idk WTF is up with my jeep.

Whats a good way to checked for spark with having that PITA coil assembly? And how do I check the CPS?

You need a basic scanner that will show some PIDs. My $200 pos is an Actron that will pull codes, show live data (PIDs) as well as do some quick tests and very limited ABS functionality.

Using said tool, watch RPM while cranking the engine after it stalls. It should show 150-200 rpm while cranking. If not, CPS type issue. If so, suspect fuel delivery issues etc

So today I replaced the crankshaft sensor and took it for a drive. Everything seemed fine and dandy... the CEL even turned off :yelclap:. I didnt have any problems at all.

I took it out for another drive a bit later and got maybe a half mile to a mile away from the house when it started to stutter. It didnt die but it did loose alot of power. I had to floor it to get the rpms back up and get power back. I was able to keep the rpms up and get it home.

The stuttering makes me think that maybe it is the fuel delivery even though I get pressure on the rail.

Thoughts?

Could be your pump heating up, you need to see what your actual fuel pressure is.

CEL came bak on today. This is what the print out from auto zone said...

P0132 - heated oxygen sensor, bank 1 sensor 1, high voltage

Probable causes:
Oxygen sensor defective
Fuel system running rich - check other codes first
High fuel presure fuel return line blocked or pressure regulator defective
Fuel pressure regulator leaking

I replaced both O2 sensors
I'm not getting any other codes
I'm going to try and test/check the pressure/lines tomorrow
The regulator is another 83 bucks and is a special order part.

FML!

That could be a whole bunch of different problems. It'd take me forever to type out all the possibilities. I think you need to get a real scan tool involved and someone who knows how to use it, whether that's somebody on this forum or taking it to a shop.

I have a buddy with a Solus that could probably help you out. Unfortunately I've only got a VAG-COM for working on VW/Audi's.

Where's your friend located?

Should I just take it to the Jeep dealership and let them fiure it out?

How much could be left to replace? Fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump?

My buddy lives in Thorton near 104th and I-25. I can talk to him tonight if you'd like. If it sounds like something he wants to take on I can pass on your info to him.

I hadn't mentioned that on wednesday I tested the fuel pressure and it was reading at 51 psi with the key in the on position. I also checked the fuel line all the way from the tank to the rail - no leaks, kinks, dents or anything. And correct me if I'm wrong but there isnt a return line on the 2000s right? Then I put about 50 miles on the jeep driving around locally with no problems. I parked it at home, got ready for work and then a mile down the road it started to stutter once or twice a little just right around 2k rpm.

Back