• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Green Junk

Photos of Green Junk on the Rubicon for SierraFest 2011, Phil on Soup:
SF2011_0309.jpg

Phil in the Little Sluice Box:
SF2011_0468.jpg

Phil in the Old Sluice Box:
SF2011_0563.jpg

G&G:
SF2011_0609.jpg

Cops called out because someone killed an XJ:
SF2011_10009.jpg

Photos of Green Junk on the Rubicon for SierraFest 2011, Phil on Soup:
SF2011_0309.jpg

Phil in the Little Sluice Box:
SF2011_0468.jpg

Phil in the Old Sluice Box:
SF2011_0563.jpg

G&G:
SF2011_0609.jpg

Cops called out because someone killed an XJ:
SF2011_10009.jpg

I'm actually going to try running my Xterrains backwards if I ever go wheeling again.

How'd that work out for you?

Duplicolor stopped making Hunter Green Metallic. The new Green Junk green is EMERALD Green Metallic. Now I can look it up next time I need to.

I installed some Camper Seal foam tape from Lowe's. Now I can camp almost anywhere.

I wish I had Camper Special axles. Then I could camp anywhere. :(

Hey Phil, somehow I ended up with your old transfer case and was curious if there was anything seriously wrong with it or if you just got something better from Utah? I am going to install my SYE into that one so i can swap out the whole unit when my new axles go in. Thanks
PhilNP231.jpg

Hey Phil, somehow I ended up with your old transfer case and was curious if there was anything seriously wrong with it or if you just got something better from Utah? I am going to install my SYE into that one so i can swap out the whole unit when my new axles go in. Thanks
PhilNP231.jpg

You got the Orange Special?

Does it still have the condom?

LOL!! negative.. I wouldnt have touched it if it did.. I don't even want to know!!!!

Actually now that I think of it I was mistaken, the condom was on the shaft. :scared:

Actually now that I think of it I was mistaken, the condom was on the shaft. :scared:
It was... That was removed and disposed of at Liracon...

If memory serves...

Phil, Ron and I were changing all the bearings, seals, and the chain in Phil's old case. As part of that process... we may have forgotten to remove a snap ring that holds a bearing in and split the front half of the T-case housing at the front output front bearing in the press when the bearing didnt just pop out.

We attempted to TIG weld it a few times, maybe added some JB weld, and ultimately ended up with the Orange Utah special...

Phil, upset at spending money on bearings and chains and seals in the old case, only to not use them, threw the whole thing in the scrap bin, bolted in the un-tested Orange Utah unit, and ran it with no issues for... 3 or 4 years, until he decided that an Atlas II and front dig was in order...

I'm pretty sure I have a part of the output shaft that we cut off for the hack and tap in my garage currently... Someday I'll have a shift knob in my jeep...

It was... That was removed and disposed of at Liracon...

If memory serves...

Phil, Ron and I were changing all the bearings, seals, and the chain in Phil's old case. As part of that process... we may have forgotten to remove a snap ring that holds a bearing in and split the front half of the T-case housing at the front output front bearing in the press when the bearing didnt just pop out.

We attempted to TIG weld it a few times, maybe added some JB weld, and ultimately ended up with the Orange Utah special...

Phil, upset at spending money on bearings and chains and seals in the old case, only to not use them, threw the whole thing in the scrap bin, bolted in the un-tested Orange Utah unit, and ran it with no issues for... 3 or 4 years, until he decided that an Atlas II and front dig was in order...

I'm pretty sure I have a part of the output shaft that we cut off for the hack and tap in my garage currently... Someday I'll have a shift knob in my jeep...

Would you like the shaft back so they can be ONE again? :loveu:Sounds like you may have a personal attachment to Orange T-Case...

Would you like the shaft back so they can be ONE again? :loveu:Sounds like you may have a personal attachment to Orange T-Case...

Nah, the one who had the personal attachment to the shaft was Cody, or possibly Jeremy, or maybe they swapped it back and forth?

Nah, the one who had the personal attachment to the shaft was Cody, or possibly Jeremy, or maybe they swapped it back and forth?

I forgot about those two idiots.

I miss those guys.

Is that what the condom was for?

updates?

Back