• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mr Eds pos for sale

hiimmred

NAXJA Forum User
It is with great sadness that the time has come for me to sell "Wilbur". Today it failed smog and probably needs a new cat & o2 sensor. I just don't have the money to fix it anymore.

It's a '90 model 4.5-5.5" mix & match lift with a non disco hp30 4.56 gears with chromo axles and an aussie locker. Currie steering & RE trackbar, LCA skids & RC adj control arms. It has fairly new (2-2.5k miles) km2 33" tires. It has a winch, custom bumpers front and rear, IPF lights. D44 rear with chromo axles and detroit locker. OME leafs and RC extended shackles in the rear. RC 4.5" lift springs & 1.75-2" spacer (not sure) in the front. It has a SYE as well (I don't think it's a hack and tap type). JCR sliders (used often). Body is pre-clearanced for the next owner! It also has a 3 row radiator and aluminum pressure/overflow tank. 239k miles runs good but could probably use a rebuild. Picture below is from it's last time out on the Rubicon.

I suck at pricing but I think it's worth around $2K make me an offer.

CIMG3269.jpg

:bawl:

Ed pm sent. This is a killer rig. I want you to keep this on the road, I might be able to get you a o2 sensor and cat, and even put it all on for you. also, I think I have some new plugs, cap+rotor, plug wires, and stuff like that we can throw on it as well.

Last edited:
Hi BC, I have to take it to a STAR test facility. Fortunately the test was free this time thanks to a friend connection. The guy who took the test told me it probaly needed the o2, cat and possibly a MAP sensor.

CIMG3629.jpg

Hi BC, I have to take it to a STAR test facility. Fortunately the test was free this time thanks to a friend connection. The guy who took the test told me it probaly needed the o2, cat and possibly a MAP sensor.

High CO is normally an o2 sensor. I remember you swapped in the one I gave you a few years ago. I doubt you need a MAP, or a cat. I would try the o2 first and then go from there.

Star test station, forgot they changed the name. I just glad that I can smog my own Jeep now finally. Hate the test only directed high emitter profile crap for our XJs.

I'm with kuncklehead - we can get that thing to pass. I am too far to help with labor but I am definitely in to help with cost.

I have a car and o2 from a 91 you can have. Both are less than a yr old. I know sacramento is a drive but the parts are free. Let me know.

I have a car and o2 from a 91 you can have. Both are less than a yr old. I know sacramento is a drive but the parts are free. Let me know.

I appreciate your generous offer, Blondejon has offered as well. It would cost me as much to pick up the parts as it would to buy an o2 sensor, and based on what Bryan C said that may be all it needs. I appreciate everyones wishes for me to keep the heep so I'm gonna spring for the sensor and hope for the best. Beyond that though I will have to see how things play out.

Thanks
Mr Ed

lol mr ed was all, "hey i'm gunna sell my jeep"
and sierra chapter was all, "noo wayyyy, not on my watch!!"
and then everyone was all happy n stuff
good stuff. good stuff.

So I went and got an 02 sensor and air filter and threw them in. Tightened some loose bolts on the exhaust manifold. I forgot about the lower rear stud having been broken off in the head several years ago but decided to get a retest anyway.

CIMG3631.jpg

:yelclap:

I am truly humbled by the outpouring of support I have received from my Sierra chapter brethren and I would be a fool to not try everything in my power to keep this sad money pit of a jeep on the trail with the lot of you. Thanks everyone for reminding me why I pay up to be a part of this group. Hopefully nothing else breaks otherwise I just typed this for nothing and I'll give the friggin' thing away.
J/K
Mr Ed.

Nice Ed. From what I remember, once your vehicle goes into gross polluter status you need to get a smog check every year for a few years. Lets see if this holds true and they make you smog it next time around. Hopefully not.

Wow, that sensor really made a world of difference in your emissions. I just swapped mine out 2 weeks ago so I hope mine will be that good on it's next test coming up this summer. Anyway, I'm glad your keeping the blue bomber now. The SierraFest's just wouldn't be the same without our token tree hugger :D

Back