• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moved to SWVA

casm

NAXJA Forum User
Posted this earlier in the NAC forum since I'm not quite sure which chapter I fall into, so apologies if this is a crosspost. Anyway, I've moved to SWVA (Harrisonburg / Waynesboro area), and am trying to find the local Jeep graveyards, trails, etc. If anyone can give me some pointers, it'd be much appreciated - there are some parts I'm looking for, and I'm itching to check out the trails. Cheers!

Welcome to Virginia!

Crozet and Big Dogs are real close to you. Both are private parks. Not that familiar with the public trails in your area but i know there are some.

As far as chapters go, you are in the right place but VA seems to be between chapters and fall through the cracks

Last edited:
Welcome to the club and the area...those of us from VA gotta support...

So that's where you ran off too....haven't seen you on in a while!

So that's where you ran off too....haven't seen you on in a while!

Heh :) Actually two things were killing me for a while: the job with the 'flexible' (meaning 5-7 days a week at 50-80 hours per week) work schedule and $4.65/gallon gas. I just kinda drifted away from the XJ for a bit - between the lack of time and aggressively knocking out debt in preparation for moving, my attention was elsewhere for a good few months. Thank God all that's done; it's been a busy year. Being free rules ;)

Heh :) Actually two things were killing me for a while: the job with the 'flexible' (meaning 5-7 days a week at 50-80 hours per week) work schedule and $4.65/gallon gas. I just kinda drifted away from the XJ for a bit - between the lack of time and aggressively knocking out debt in preparation for moving, my attention was elsewhere for a good few months. Thank God all that's done; it's been a busy year. Being free rules ;)

I know what you mean...between school and both jobs...my weeks usually wind up being 60+ hour weeks and it does wear you out.

If you ever make it to NC for any of the events we'll have to meet up, seeing as how you're not that far away now!

look at novajeepers.com, we are in the area. i do most of my trail riding down in h-burg in fact i'll be down there this weekend for a huge bone fire. big dogs is really pricey but worth it. crozet is freakin bad a$$! was the first place i crawled. there are few trails down by you. flag pole, dry river, second mountain to name a few. if you live in h-burg they would be 20 min.s from your house.

oh and welcome to one of the worst states in the union!

yeah those trails are pretty fun, i also enjoy shoe creek, actually just got back from a camping trip up there

look at novajeepers.com, we are in the area. i do most of my trail riding down in h-burg in fact i'll be down there this weekend for a huge bone fire. big dogs is really pricey but worth it. crozet is freakin bad a$$! was the first place i crawled. there are few trails down by you. flag pole, dry river, second mountain to name a few. if you live in h-burg they would be 20 min.s from your house.

Cool, thanks - I'm not much for pure rockcrawling, but do enjoy more technical trails. I'll definitely put these on the 'to check out' list; it's getting nicely larger by the day ;)

Back