• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Montana Cabin Tour 2012

MontanaCabinTour2012477.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012487.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012492.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012493.jpg

Time to leave Polebridge. My bud and his GF had a reservation for a lodge the following few days for some pampering on the east side of Glacier. Gary and i had a res for our last cabin of the trip at the southern tip of Glacier in the Great Bear Wilderness.. we parted ways and relaxed a few days prior to the long hard run home.

Zip's Cabin..

MontanaCabinTour2012518.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012433.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012434.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012507.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012510.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012512.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012508.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012511.jpg

The next two days was spent relaxing, i curled up and reread a book given to me by NAXJA good-guy Mofo. "The Outlaw Trail" by Charles Kelly.

Gary did some fishing in a stream that runs down the mountain and just past the cabin, he managed to catch half dozen from a few pools... all released.

MontanaCabinTour2012513.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012521.jpg

Time for the run home. Always hate this..

We met back up with my bud in Browning Montana here in the Blackfeet Reservation.

MontanaCabinTour2012534.jpg

The drive the next few hours was nice..

MontanaCabinTour2012535.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012536.jpg

We made it back to Wall SD, the next morning we would be hitting the loop road and breakfast within the park.

MontanaCabinTour2012537.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012471.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012479.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012480.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012481.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012485.jpg

MontanaCabinTour2012497.jpg

That's it... homebound and another great trip done. Montana...we will be back. Now to finally bag Utah and revisit Colorado in 2013.

MontanaCabinTour2012540.jpg

After this it was just another two days or running home. We got to within a few hours when the alternator quit around midnight on I-80 through miles and miles of Construction. The last day was a long one...

man that looks awesome - super jealous

This was a nice area and we found a few dispersed campsites in the hills. Great day to have lunch sitting and looking at the surroundings.

Was supposed to hook up with MT-Mike on this day, guess he couldnt get away as he never called me back. Next time Mike!

MontanaCabinTour2012157.jpg

:dunno: I never did get a phone call John. Next time for sure. Glad you were able to come visit before fire danger went sky high.

:dunno: I never did get a phone call John. Next time for sure. Glad you were able to come visit before fire danger went sky high.

I thought you were gonna call me if you could get away friday? No biggie... next time. The Firefighter i had talked to from Dillon was out of state on a fire so we didnt meet up with him either.

We are already talking about going back.. :laugh3:

I thought you were gonna call me if you could get away friday? No biggie... next time. The Firefighter i had talked to from Dillon was out of state on a fire so we didnt meet up with him either.

We are already talking about going back.. :laugh3:

Our wires must have been crossed, I didn't even have your phone number. :laugh3:
Guess next time we'll both have to make sure to be on the same page. Give me a heads up before you come out next time, we'll catch up. :cheers:

Back