• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tetons,Yellowstone,Bitterroots Sept 07

Ok, I got my pics uploaded to photobucket. See if this link works: http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z94/fourliter/Idaho 7-07/ For some reason the pics are posted in reverse order and I haven't figured out how to switch order. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks, Jeff

P7100058.jpg

P7110069.jpg

P7100064.jpg

P7110091.jpg

P7110099.jpg

P7110098.jpg

P7120105.jpg

P7140037.jpg

P7140042.jpg

P7150074.jpg

P7150079.jpg

Jeff

Great pics Jeff!

Did you see much restrictions on open campfires in MT? I'm wondering how much of an issue it may be come 41 days from now. I'm not expecting much leniency in SD on the way back.

John B said:
Did you see much restrictions on open campfires in MT? I'm wondering how much of an issue it may be come 41 days from now. I'm not expecting much leniency in SD on the way back.

Stage 1 or stage 2 fire restrictions are in place over most of the state at this time. Fire danger is high or extreme over much of the state. This link: http://travel.state.mt.us/fire/conditions.htm will give you some info and links to definitions and closures. Hope it's helpful.

Thanks for the fire restriction updates guys. Beaverhead Deerlodge just posted the Stage2 restrictions yesterday, but i hadnt seen anything for SD.

We have 2 cabin reservations (Beaverhead and Gallatin) currently, but were going to carry tents incase we have to divert from our plans.

Can anyone recommend any nice scenic camps in the NF's? Just in case we have to divert from the cabins?

I know i can check the NF website but they dont show terrain and how remote these are. Personal rec's appreciated.

Are you still planning on heading through Missoula, are you still wanting to check out the AEV factory? I'm going to be hiking around Whitefish this week and wouldn't mind checking it out, maybe with more people we have a better chance of getting a tour.

Prepmech said:
Are you still planning on heading through Missoula, are you still wanting to check out the AEV factory? I'm going to be hiking around Whitefish this week and wouldn't mind checking it out, maybe with more people we have a better chance of getting a tour.

Travis, AEV was very accomodating with the tour request, i'd be surprised if you werent able to stop in and look around.

My plans are flexible with the fires out that way, everything is as it was at the moment..but that could change as the departure date approaches.

John B said:
Can anyone recommend any nice scenic camps in the NF's? Just in case we have to divert from the cabins?

I know i can check the NF website but they dont show terrain and how remote these are. Personal rec's appreciated.

Heading north from Pinedale, Wyoming are some great campgrounds in the Wind Rivers. Especially around Green Mountain Lakes. There was an area of hot springs you could soak in near one of them. I'll see if I can find out specifics. I don't know if they are having fire problems there now or not.

Fish'nCarz said:
Heading north from Pinedale, Wyoming are some great campgrounds in the Wind Rivers. Especially around Green Mountain Lakes. There was an area of hot springs you could soak in near one of them. I'll see if I can find out specifics. I don't know if they are having fire problems there now or not.

I was in this area last winter and believe you are talking about Granite Hot Springs north of Pinedale and south of Jackson. It was REALLY cool in the winter and I imagine it would be just as neat in the summer. There is a NF campground a mile or so before the springs and pool.

Oh, why leave the XJ at home?! :) Have fun anyway. Jeff

Doesnt make sense to run it with just me in it, i'll save 800+ in fuel. We'll have less room in my son's YJ but i couldnt talk him into leaving it home, cant blame him....he put alot of money and work into it for this trip.

Mine will be going next year to Michigan's UP. Hopefully :scottm: and his better half will be able to get away and meet us up there for a few days.

12 days... :D

Fast forward 5 weeks, a server glitch here at NAXJA wiped out all the info, pics and updates to this point. I was hoping it could be retrieved...but thats not the case.

Give me a few days and i'll get the trip report back up. In hindsight i should have kept a copy. But the admins here did a great job getting the site back up, the trip report can be redone.

:geek:

OK, lets try this again. This time the condensed version.

South Pass area outside Lander,Wyoming.

Vacation07-2002.jpg

Vacation07-2004.jpg

Vacation07-2011.jpg

Vacation07-2015.jpg

Bridger-Teton NF and Targhee NF

Vacation07-2016.jpg

Vacation07-2018.jpg

Montana07-3086.jpg

Vacation07-2017.jpg

Arriving outside Dillon,Montana heading back to our 1st cabin in Beaverhead-Deerlodge NF.

Clark Canyon Reservoir

Vacation07-2021.jpg

Vacation07-2024.jpg

Horse Prairie Cabin, our neighbors and view.

Montana07-2021.jpg

Montana07-2025.jpg

Montana07-2035.jpg

Montana07-2018.jpg

Back